Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Annoying Beeping sound

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2005, 06:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Annoying Beeping sound

I just bought an 05 Evo and I have this annoying beeping sound when I don't put my seatbelt on. Is there any way you can stop this beep without actually wearing your seatbelt, maybe pulling the fuse out?
Old Mar 7, 2005, 06:52 AM

sorry I dont know about how to turn the sound off, Im sure its just a wire that you can cut. It does get annoying, but I suggest you always wear your seatbelt as it could save your life.
Old Mar 7, 2005, 06:56 AM
Evolving Member

when i installed my harnesses, I pulled all the factory seatbelts, when you unplug the driver's side reciever end, the light will go off and the beeping will stop.

*****I am in no way condoning not wearing your safety belt!!******
Old Mar 7, 2005, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

It is sooooo annoying.......
Old Mar 7, 2005, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Gracing2000
I don't put my seatbelt on.
Given the number of people who have managed to put these cars into ditches, walls, and whatever other obstructions, I'd hope you use enough common sense to always wear a belt. Of course I know how important it is to look cool when they're scrubbing your face of the pavement.

Just find the buzzer. Remove it or cut a wire. How the hell you can stand driving with that big red light on anyway?
Old Mar 7, 2005, 07:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Sailorgoon
Given the number of people who have managed to put these cars into ditches, walls, and whatever other obstructions, I'd hope you use enough common sense to always wear a belt. Of course I know how important it is to look cool when they're scrubbing your face of the pavement.

Just find the buzzer. Remove it or cut a wire. How the hell you can stand driving with that big red light on anyway?

even moreso... I can't drive without a seatbelt on... i don't feel safe. and when i bought the evo, I didn't feel safe with the factory seatbelt. now I can't drive w/out my 4 point's on. for all of those who don't wear your belt, I'll have one of these for you when that sad day comes....
Old Mar 7, 2005, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That beeping sound is what Darwin sounds like when he is coming for you.
Old Mar 7, 2005, 07:36 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by koolade9
even moreso... I can't drive without a seatbelt on... i don't feel safe. and when i bought the evo, I didn't feel safe with the factory seatbelt. now I can't drive w/out my 4 point's on. for all of those who don't wear your belt, I'll have one of these for you when that sad day comes....
Do you have a harness bar or roll cage? If not, the chances are that your 4 point will do you more damage in an accident than a regular belt. 4 points are also illegal in certain places on public roads.
Old Mar 7, 2005, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
on the slider for the seat... the one closest to the center console... there's a white plug... pull that white plug off... no more beeping... but... if you die... because you didn't have your seatbelt on... and that warning buzzer and light wern't working... your parted out evo belongs to me
Old Mar 7, 2005, 08:21 AM
bs
Evolving Member

Unbelievable that people are so lazy that they can't even put a seat belt on when they are in a car. What's the deal anyways are they really uncool to wear or something? I just don't get it. I think they should make all seat belts like those electric kind that automatically buckle you up when you get in or they should tie your seat belt to the ignition of the car. I guess wearing a seat belt is of little concern to those that "Live their life a 1/4 mile at a time." though.
Old Mar 7, 2005, 09:42 AM

Its the sound that pisses me off!! Cuz as soon as I start my car it already beeps, so for example if i start my car to heat it up or rev it for a friend, it automatically starts a never ending beep sound and I'm not even drivin yet!! Thats whats annoying!!
Old Mar 7, 2005, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
that just means your exhaust is too quiet... =X
Old Mar 7, 2005, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bs
Unbelievable that people are so lazy that they can't even put a seat belt on when they are in a car. What's the deal anyways are they really uncool to wear or something? I just don't get it. I think they should make all seat belts like those electric kind that automatically buckle you up when you get in or they should tie your seat belt to the ignition of the car. I guess wearing a seat belt is of little concern to those that "Live their life a 1/4 mile at a time." though.

what about bikes? should we all never drive a bike in our entire life because you think we should all have belts on? I've seen a lot of instances where peoples lives were saved because they didn't have a belt on. I personally think it should be by choice not enforced by law. BUT HEY that's just me.

bryan
Old Mar 7, 2005, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Gracing2000
I just bought an 05 Evo and I have this annoying beeping sound when I don't put my seatbelt on. Is there any way you can stop this beep without actually wearing your seatbelt, maybe pulling the fuse out?

Wall > You .....ya hear that...spaT!!!
Old Mar 7, 2005, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bryans2k
what about bikes? should we all never drive a bike in our entire life because you think we should all have belts on? I've seen a lot of instances where peoples lives were saved because they didn't have a belt on. I personally think it should be by choice not enforced by law. BUT HEY that's just me.

bryan
I agree that it should be by choice. Does anyone here realize how much smarter and stronger our population would be if we would just let the weak and stupid kill themselves and stop protecting them with laws? We would be a lot more advanced than we are now, I tell you that.

But, bryans2k, how many people is "a lot of instances?" Because there are 1000s of car wrecks per day and people live due to seat belts. The one or two people that you know of that lived because they were ejected is an extrememly small % of people who live due to a seatbelt or die due to the lack of it.

Quick Reply: Annoying Beeping sound