Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My dealership experience.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2005, 02:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My dealership experience.

I took my car in to my local dealership to check out some engine noise that I have been hearing. Initially I had them document this when they mounted my tires a couple months ago. The service guy told me that it was normal and that it would stop as the car wore in and not to worry about it. At the beginning of the month I took the car in as the noise got worse. I since then had installed a TBE exhaust, MR BOV and some gauges and had a reflash done. Now I have had the dealership do all work on my car prior to getting the mods. So it turns out that the car has damaged rod bearings, and guess what, you guessed it, because of the mods, they are not gonna cover the problem. So of course myself and the dealership rep do the is the warantee gonna cover this dance. My argument is that this problem started before I had the mods, and they know that as I mentioned it to them before. To summarize the rest of the experience, 12000 miles and no warantee coverage for the damage.

So I took to a family members shop.

This guy has put it many years as a dealership mechanic and most of the dealerships around town. The interesting part is that the found that the car still has to original oil filter that came with the car. The tires are mounted wrong, and the mods could not have caused the damage that he is seeing to the bearings. It must have been due to low oil, but it shouldn't be that low already as the oil was just changed less that 500 miles ago (have the little sticker for the next oil change to prove it). It looks like they did not put enough oil in there the last time at the dealership.

I have heard so many other with similar situations. Oh well, what do you guys think. Should I just give up and not sweat the dealership because of the mods. Or should I pursue it with mits warantee dispute dept. I have alredy mentioned the oil filter and tire stuff to the dealership and they are still saying nope.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Persue it to the fullest extent possible, and good luck.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

drive the car thru the dealership window.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

how does your mechanic know it's the original oil filter? just wondering. also, don't we have a little light that goes off if the oil level is low?
Old Mar 25, 2005, 02:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by twinevo
how does your mechanic know it's the original oil filter? just wondering. also, don't we have a little light that goes off if the oil level is low?

He ordered one from another dealership and it was not like the one thats on there, different color. He was telling me that whenever the dealers change the oil and filter, it should look just like the one you buy. Light never went off on my car.