Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Amuse Titanium Exhaust question!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2005, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amuse Titan is very Amusing

Well in my guess I think the AMUSE TI is on of thee best TI exhaust, because
when you get to a point in reducing chassis weight and have no where to turn, you will then realize that $1500 to discount 30+ lbs is well worth it. In my opinion it is, but thats subjective.

Amuse titan exhaust for 350z

_____

Chris with his Amuse r1 titan exhaust for his dc5 type-r

_________

Amuse r1 titan on a s2k

Hey rs2 should i get the R1 or the Extra Titan?
tell me how you got away with the ticket so when i get the amuse i can get away with it too

iam gussing people are switch their exhaust to AMUSE

Last edited by IBriaIN; Apr 22, 2005 at 11:42 AM.
Old Apr 22, 2005, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Knyght
Well congrats on the science major, you know more about rust, but one question, every one of your posts are edited.. I wonder why, sounds to me you are looking stuff up and you dont actually know, but thats just speculation.

People dont care if rust is actually an oxide. People see rust as rust, and oxidation as oxidation. Dont try to confuse the majority just for your own benefit of saving face.

People SS doesn't rust, Titanium oxidizes. Thats not fact, it's just what happens in the automotive industry.

Shielded gas metal arc welding is great for creating nice looking welds. The problem is that the metal you are welding onto changes it's molecular structure and is therefor weaker. See I'm a welder, and I know this. The gas used in shielding typically Argon does a good job keeping the welds from oxidizing before the metal has a chance to bond. The problem is the filler metal will oxized(rust) faster than the metal pipe will.

Welded v/s mandrel in accordinance with flow and restriction is that a welded pipe on a 30 degree angle disrupts flow due to the extreme change in direction. Mandrel is far superior because even though the entire angle might be 30 degree, its actually a bunch of small angles added to form 30. Therefor less of a dramatic change in direction.
i seriously don't know what is with your attitude... i said what i said because it's the truth. and lots of the stuff you're sayin' is the truth too... so why are you tryinna be all ****ty pants with me?

i edited because my initial post was full of flames... even if i did go back and edit stuff after "researching" (hah... dictionary.com is research) it's better than most do just staying with their lack of knowledge.

in any case back on topic. i think those exhaust are finely made. love how you can lift an entire catback with one hand.
Old Apr 22, 2005, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

I dunno about losing 30 lbs on a Ti system. Maybe if both the downpipe and cats were made of Ti themselves, but I don't believe there are any Ti downpipes on the market right now.

A well designed catback in SS are in the 20lb range. Most well designed SS systems are low 20's, so you'd be saving probably 10lbs at most in the exhaust. 10lbs = 1hp. The Ti is bling and has cool factor, but the weight savings in and of itself are not that great to brag about. An extra $1000 for a 10lb weight loss is just not worth it IMO. Hell, just lose some weight, take a dump, or have one gallon less of fuel in the tank. It's all about the same.

Ti exhausts are cool, and I love them, but don't think that you'll be getting any huge weight savings by going Ti over SS.
Old Apr 22, 2005, 02:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Most JDM Titanium exhaust system for evo will require "minor" modification..Its the o2 sensor bung on the mid-pipe.
Old Apr 22, 2005, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

uhm... buschur says he drops 20 pounds with his turbo back... and he knows that the magnaflow ti is only 6 pounds lighter... that means you could drop 26 or so pounds.
Old Apr 22, 2005, 10:59 PM
RS2
Evolving Member

If the evo is your daily drive, go with the R1 Titan Extra.
Old Apr 23, 2005, 07:48 AM
Evolving Member

What about the Magnaflow Ti ?

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...e=Sport&id=240

It is actually manufactured in Japan (some say by JIC) to Magnaflow's specs. So it has the O2 bung and also clears the USDM rear bumper.

MSRP is $895 and it has a lifetime warranty. Obviously doesn't have the bling factor of an Amuse.

Full 80 mm piping (3.15 inch) with a neckdown to 3", weighs in at 12 lbs.

Did well in this exhaust shoot-out, just bettering the Buschur. Only downside I can see (if it is one) is that it's a slip-fit design.

http://www.tprmag.com/issue/5/5_turbo_exhausts.shtml
Old Apr 23, 2005, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

it doe snot neck down to 3" at the cat... it necks down to like 2.8 or whatever...

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/e...alledatcat.jpg

this is what necking down to 3" from 80mm looks like.
Old Apr 23, 2005, 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

Trinydex,

Regarding the neckdown on the Magnaflow Ti. Randy (a guy on Evom) actually has this installed on his car and he posted that it necks down to 3"; dunno whether that's right or not?

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...aflow+titanium
If you want to bolt-up a 3" catback to the stock cat doesn't it have to neck-down? What size does it need to taper to to fit the stock cat?
Old Apr 23, 2005, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

it doesn't have to... cuz the flange bolt patterns are the same whether it's three intch or not (i think and am pretty sure, cuz greddy bolts up to stock cat).

the reason why the greddy necks down i believe is because you have a hard time finding flanges that are 80mm exactly. 3" is the most common i thinks. but that's just speculation. i'm sitting right here with my greddy ti. and also i have another thread where i'm talkin' with br and i sent an email to mike at roadrace... he measured the greddy it necks down about 2mm which is consistent with what i said about the flanges being 3".
Old Apr 23, 2005, 02:44 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks Trinydex......man, so much to learn (and apologies for hijacking the thread).
Old Apr 23, 2005, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

in case you wanted the cold hard facts. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ke#post1657467

i have a thread wtih randy saying that

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...t=exhaust+neck

but it just doesn't look like it... then again... it could be because the greddy tapers to larger than 3"

and i guess the welding might throw off the visual. the greddy's is machined in somehow... not welded in. i guess this is all details.

Last edited by trinydex; Apr 23, 2005 at 03:17 PM.
Old Apr 23, 2005, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

The Magnaflow TI exhaust does not longer have a lifetime warranty just 90days. This is due to the fact that they are no longer in the TI exhaust business.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 06:39 AM

does amuse r1 titan louder then nur spec r or greddy tic( omly race use)???