Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Confirmed Release Date for EVO 7

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2002, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's the price you agreed to pay from that dealer in Indy...was it below or at msrp?
Old Jan 23, 2002, 10:13 AM

Question EMAIL ME

Can you please email a copy of your documents as well.
MUCH APPRECIATED

jonnydigi@hotmail.com

Old Jan 23, 2002, 10:21 AM
Evolving Member

how about we look at it this way. anticipate the evo coming in June/july. If it doesn't, be glad we're getting it in january. As long as you have a car that'll last you till its release, why does it even matter when it comes out? After you get it you wont even care how long you waited anyways.
Old Jan 23, 2002, 08:58 PM

To all who want the documents you will get them tonight (thurs). and if the release date isn't what i signed on the paper, then in january when it comes out i will have a much bigger down payment saved up. As long as eventually i am driving that car.
Old Jan 23, 2002, 09:11 PM
Evolving Member

send one over to me too and i'll post it on ***dis.com for all to see.

evopapers@***dis.com
Old Jan 24, 2002, 12:18 AM
Evolving Member

It does not matter what the dealer tells you or promises.

Reason they ask for DP or you are willing to cough up the DP is that they want you to come back as a customer.
Heck if I knew someone wants a car really bad and willing to put money down before a official confirmation, I would promise them anything.

Its a sales pitch to keep you as their customer.
Old Jan 24, 2002, 09:25 PM
Evolving Member

Well, I was on this list at this Mitsu dealer, called him back and he has no idea what I was talking about. But no worries I had no money down. Well, my cash flow is limited but I am want that car really bad wih the AYC and ACD. I aint putting any money down till I hear Mitsu say something officially. There will be plenty of Evos, don't worry.
What I am worried about is the mark-up, I want to be able to get my deposit back if I don't like the price. I mean putting down a deposit is basically like saying "Here is my money, you take it and I will see you later and please increase the price of the car because I have no choice but to buy it"
So I'd rather see that car first in the show room first and then pay the big bucks. Every penny that I earn goes to the bank, I try to keep the spending to extreme low, I aint even eating breakfast any more. So I'd hate to see my money go to waste, I mean I love this car but my financial future is also at stake.
Old Jan 25, 2002, 04:30 AM

Release Date

I work in sales for a Mitsubishi dealership. I assure you we have no official specifications, official price, or official "launch" date. Until such time as we have all those things in writing from Mitsubishi, we will not take deposits.

Any dealer who claims to know any concrete dates/prices/specifications at this time is not being honest. I'd be leary of placing a deposit with them. If they say they don't know when/what/how-much but they'll take a refundable deposit if you want to be one of the first, then go for it.

The last I was told was that the launch was targeted for 1st quarter 2003. The word "target" and the timeframe of an entire quarter suggests they are pretty unsure exactly when they will get it together.
Old Jan 29, 2002, 12:59 AM
Evolving Member

Surprise, surprise. No email yet...

Damn rumor hounds.
Old Jan 29, 2002, 01:19 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
most dealers know the evo is coming, but for how much and what specs they do not know until they actually see the car? i was told only 2000 for US consumption? with recaros, brembos they do not know!
with 2000 only that would be like the mitsu galant vr4 when it was offered. probably above msrp if the demand gets hot. the gta would take car of the general consumption, but for the hardened enthusiast only gsr or rs please!
Old Jan 29, 2002, 03:23 AM
Evolving Member

What about the press release from MM that the price would NOT be allowed to go over MSRP!?
Old Jan 29, 2002, 04:41 AM
RaX
Evolved Member

What press release?
Old Jan 29, 2002, 05:37 AM
Evolving Member

Oops!! My mistake. While Mitsu did say the car would be sub 30k NISSAN, I believe, is the one who said they would not let the price of the Z be above MSRP.

My bad.

Nick
Old Jan 29, 2002, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

i told you he was full of ****.
Old Jan 30, 2002, 04:37 AM
Evolving Member

blitzpb:

Do you have a link where Nissan says that they won't charge over MSRP? I have an email contact at MMSA that I'd like to send that to, hopefully to get MMSa to do the same thing.

Quick Reply: Confirmed Release Date for EVO 7