Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Confirmed Release Date for EVO 7

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2002, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Confirmed Release Date for EVO 7

I live in indianapolis, and i have put money down on the second Evo to arrive in indy, the first one will get to the dealer on July,2 (too bad its alerady taken.) The second one will arrive about 20 datys later. Finally they are here. The Mitsu dealer doesnt have any pricing, or details like that yet, they will keep me posted. I will let the forums know the datails as soon as i know. I an changing over from the 14sec honda scene, to the 10sec awd evo scene. Its time to show these damn, z28's, and stang GT's who really owns the streets. So, anyway, the release date in indy, is july 2. And yes i am talking about the 2003 Evo 7!!!!!
Old Jan 23, 2002, 12:29 AM
Evolving Member

I don't belive this

July of this year? 2002? I don't think theres enough info yet for it to be released that soon. We would be reading about it in MotorTend and other magazines already.

I'm still going with Jan 2003 at the earliest.
Old Jan 23, 2002, 01:11 AM

Thumbs down SKCGM21

SKC
Sorry to say, but i dont believe it. HOw is it possible for the release date to be in july?
No one has any fact about the evo. You can barly even find 1 article about it.

EX: When the new M3 came out, everyone knew the exact specs for it before it hit the showroom floor. We knew how much it would cost, how fast it would go and even what kind of radio it would have. Road and Track/Car and Driver had done 1st time drives on it and reported it. BMW had set up an elaborate web page about it.

How is it possible for such an anticipated car to come out in the next 6 months with no info out on it yet. I went to my dealer, he was dumbfounded that i knew as much as i did about the car.

Im not saying that u are lying to us, but that maybe you should double check the validity of the claim that your dealer is telling you. I find it too hard to believe that the EVO would come out that soon and the world has no info on it yet (USA version of course).

Old Jan 23, 2002, 01:19 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
I had my local dealer tell me they were gettting some in June, but only six total until January. I know, I have no way to confirm this. I am just relating what they said.

e in sin city
Old Jan 23, 2002, 01:30 AM

Sorry pal, look in any magazine or etc... Heres the article from my Popular Mechanics - January

2004 Mistubishi Lancer Evolution VII

They wont confirm it down at Mitsubishi, but our sources say this hot-rod verison of the Mitsubishi Lancer will arriveon our shores in 2003 or 2004.......
Old Jan 23, 2002, 01:41 AM

well then...

i am going to take a pic of my paperwork from the dealer, and post it here to show everyone. I know why none of you believe me, i woulnt believe it either, i will post my paperwork, my deposit receipt and also the dealers phone # in indy for everyone to call. sorry if you dont believe me. i'm the one who will be driving one around.
Old Jan 23, 2002, 04:52 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
I know I go to Popular Mechanics for all my car info....

Ok, j/k. But there are dealers out there insisting they're getting the Evo before January 2003. But, I'll believe it when I see it. Although, Nissan is offering some production versions of the 350z available before hand in what they're calling a "pre-sale."

e in sin city
Old Jan 23, 2002, 05:28 AM
Evolving Member

that is what ur dealer told you, if they had an actuall release date then they would have the price and specs, and im sure more than 1 dealer would get the date for the car cause all the dealerships i talk to still dont have a date and there is no article's out there saying anything about when the evo is coming
Old Jan 23, 2002, 05:51 AM
Evolved Member

I'm sorry, but even if you do post all that stuff skcgm21...I'm not going to believe it.

It's not a matter of believin you....I'm sure yer a nice guy.

It's a matter of believing the dealer. The guy that I'm getting my Evo from told me "leather interior and twin turbo", which is BS obviously. Dealers tend to know jack when it comes to that stuff. We usually know the release dates/specs/etc. before they do.

Sorry we couldn't give me more of a warm welomce, it's just that we've been seeing these kinds of threads for a while now, and they've lead to absolutely nothing.

Thanks though fer posting...and welcome to the board!!

Hooby
Old Jan 23, 2002, 08:19 AM

here is the paper work i told you i would get you. I only covered up my address. I know exactly what you mean when you say the dealers dont know jack, because i have dealers tell me crap all the time that i know isnt true. I'm not new to the game, i have a 2000 si that runs 13.8, i'm not stupid, go to lycos, and search lancer evolution VII, there are about 3 web sites that agree with the july aug release date. why isnt it in motor trend, or C/D, or road & track, beats me, but i know it will be soon. The manager at the mitsu dealer knows a lot about the car, but even they dont know know the specs/price unitl june 2...just like he wrote. But it makes since, if the the mags dont know, why would the dealer. you be the judge, but if you still dont believe me then sorry people.

...ok never mind the file is to damn big to attach, but if you want to see i will e mail it to you. i dont know why i'm trying to prove it...like it really matters that much anyway...oh well.

the dealers # is 317-293-8060
Old Jan 23, 2002, 08:26 AM

email it to me and I will post it. clicky to mail
Old Jan 23, 2002, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

I actually had a dealer tell me the same thing...he seemed to be pretty knowledgable about the Evo and mentioned a release in the summer. I still don't believe it though
Old Jan 23, 2002, 08:52 AM
Evolving Member

can you send me a copy to? edogg_23@hotmail.com
Old Jan 23, 2002, 09:02 AM

Rumor and speculation abound. Every dealer has a different story. There is a post like this every damn week. I won't believe any of it until I hear something OFFICIAL. Not from the dealer.
Old Jan 23, 2002, 09:11 AM
cvl

I know the dealer that he's talking about. I'm the one who has the #1 deposit! I actually have the 1st pick of every EVO that they get in. Whichever ones I don't want go to the next in line.

The info came from the Midwest Regional Sales Manager for Mitsubishi a couple of months ago. The only problem is that Mitsubishi has since changed the release date.

Believe me, I hope that it's summer 2002. I wouldn't hold your breath though.

Quick Reply: Confirmed Release Date for EVO 7