Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Confirmed Release Date for EVO 7

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2002, 04:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gary gp, what mitsu dealer are you at?
Old Jan 30, 2002, 05:14 AM

What dealer in Indy did you talk to?

Thanks
mitsudmw
Old Feb 1, 2002, 12:56 AM

Originally posted by blitzpb
What about the press release from MM that the price would NOT be allowed to go over MSRP!?
By law, Mitsubishi has no control over what the dealers sell the vehicles for.
Old Feb 1, 2002, 01:12 AM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If mitsubishi wants couldn't they take the licence away from that dealership to sell their cars saying those dealership is making the company look bad? Sort of like what BMW does to the dealership when they aren't polite to their customer. It is mitsubishi's decision to give a dealerhip their name.
Old Feb 4, 2002, 10:16 PM

dont worry i havnt forgot...paperwork is on its way.
Old Feb 4, 2002, 10:26 PM
Evolving Member

uh huh...
Old Feb 5, 2002, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

of course you forgot. You said Thursday 2 or so weeks ago.
Old Feb 6, 2002, 12:27 PM

Evo VII will not be coming to the USA this winter!!

I just wanted to let everyone know the information that my partners and myself have been told by Mitsubishi.

As of right now, there will be no Evo VII coming to the USA, at all!

Mitsubishi is going to be bringing the Evo VIII to the USA Summer of 2003!

If you find this hard to believe, just call any Mitsubishi Dealership in the country and ask them when they expect to be getting the Evo. If the dealership you are asking is "In the know" then they will tell you that they have nothing coming until Summer 2003.

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I just want to make sure that everyone can get their deposits back, because the Evo VII is NOT coming to the USA this winter.

Adam J. Geake, Owner
Vision FCI
E-mail: VisionFCI@hotmail.com
Aim: VisionFCI
Old Feb 6, 2002, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

I would hope its an EVO 8. I heard it was supposed to have a different body design and possibly come in a 2 door version...mmmmmm.
Old Feb 12, 2002, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

My rant for the night....

Its funny too listen to you guys talk about petitions, waiting lists, forcing Mitsubishi to sell at or below retail, and how no one would buy the GTA. You guys just dont understand how things work in the real world. I have worked as a mechanic at a dealership (not Mitsubishi) and can tell you how things work in the real world. Dealerships are evil dark places designed to make as much profit as possible. Do not go there expecting to be told the truth about anything unless your friend works there. Mitsubishi does not care about a petition from some ecentric car club that represents .01% of the actual buyers. Regarding a waiting list, dealers think of it as a list of people they can squeeze the most money from. Do not assume that if you are #1 on some list that you will get the first car. The dealership owner has friends, family and favors that always get first dibs over any paying customer. If there is no MSRP set at this point, taking a deposit just assures that the dealer can screw that person harder than the average joe walking through the door. There is absolutely no way Mitsubishi can control the pricing a dealership sells a car for. I have seen dealerships that have tried to sell their products at retail. When times are good people flock to the dealer and stand in line for the product. When no one wants the product, all those loyal customers flock to the dealer across the street who sells for $1500 below retail. Another word of advice, never take your car to a dealership for service. It will get f*c&e# up worse that when it arrived unless you happen to get that 1 in 100 mechanic that cares. The GT-A probably will be the car Mitsubishi brings to the US, and guess what, the general public will like it better than the GSR. Thats all Mitsubishi cares about, not if the enthuists are satisfied. Otherwise we would still have the GSX AWD 2.0 turbo. The GT-A is more refined for the older people that will be able to actually aford it.
Old Feb 12, 2002, 09:19 PM

Turbo442...you just laid it on the line. I absolutely agree with you. But you know if there wasn't all this speculation we wouldn't have the forums...
Old Feb 12, 2002, 09:32 PM
Evolving Member

Thumbs down

I wholeheartedly disagree! We are not getting the GTA. Plain and simple. I dont mean to be rude, BUT, just because you worked in the service dept doesnt mean you know how the big wigs mind works. For that matter none of us do. Unless of course one of us happens to be a big wig.

So, just because someone has found a pdf file on the GTA does not mean that we will be getting it. There has been NO evidence to back this claim up. In fact, every other claim points at just the opposite. Take a look at imprezawrxsti.com for some more, possibly more professional, opinions.
Old Feb 12, 2002, 10:31 PM
Evolving Member

You are not being very nice to a dumb guy like me, now I am going to feel like a retard all day! Where is the moderator...WHAAAAHHH
Old Feb 13, 2002, 09:28 AM

quit talking about GTA.. ahahah

If the eclipse v6 can have a manual transmission i think a LANCER EVO will come in stick..

a car without stick isnt a sports car.. remember this is like replacing the 3000GT VR-4

we all have to wait and see...
Old Feb 13, 2002, 09:43 AM
RaX
Evolved Member

Originally posted by LancerzEvo
remember this is like replacing the 3000GT VR-4
LancerzEvo is correct. That's probably also why we're hearing these rumors of 310 and 320 HP. Mitsubishi may actually surprise us with a 300+ HP US spec Evo. Don't give up hope yet.

Quick Reply: Confirmed Release Date for EVO 7