Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

How much can stock evo internals take?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2005, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much can stock evo internals take?

Like it says. I have a friend who questions this constantly i saw they are hard as hell. He says our trannys and lsd's are pos. What's your take on this guys ?
Old Sep 12, 2005, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by evosorio
I have a friend who questions this constantly i saw they are hard as hell.
Repeat this part in English, then I will try to respond.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

Don't listen to Warrtalon..he likes nothing better than to **** on peoples posts. The engine internals are very tough..upgraded head studs are up in the air as to wether or not you really need them. The tranny is fine... it's the TC you need to worry about. Just don't do major clutch drops and you'll be fine.

Last edited by krafty; Sep 12, 2005 at 12:18 PM.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by krafty
Don't listen to Warrtalon..he likes nothing better than to **** on peoples posts. The engine internals are very tough..upgraded head studs are up in the air as to wether or not you really need them. The tranny is fine... it's the TC you need to worry about. Just don't do major clutch drops and you'll be fine.
I wasn't pissing on his post. I was trying to figure out what this meant:

"I have a friend who questions this constantly i saw they are hard as hell"

I can't answer a question that I don't understand. I don't have any comment on the tranny and LSD other than I think his friend is right...
Old Sep 12, 2005, 12:32 PM

YEA RIGHT....Tranny is bulletproof..the only people who think the tranny is bad are the bad drivers that constantly grind their clutchs and gears.....probably the same people who ask if changing the clutch helps them shift faster or does changing the clutch help my shifting and not grinding second gear...I have a solution..drive the way your suppose to and there wont be any problems...

BULLET PROOF ....at least magnus motorsports in CANADA makes bulletproof doggears....shift without the clutch for all you sissies...then you wont have to worry about a thing....

my clutch lasted till 425 hp (stock clutch)

my internals are looking at 450+ hp right now and its still singing till redline

but I think thats about it...im changing my pistons and rods and knife edging my crank...holla fools
Old Sep 12, 2005, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blazedevo781
YEA RIGHT....Tranny is bulletproof..the only people who think the tranny is bad are the bad drivers that constantly grind their clutchs and gears.....probably the same people who ask if changing the clutch helps them shift faster or does changing the clutch help my shifting and not grinding second gear...I have a solution..drive the way your suppose to and there wont be any problems...

BULLET PROOF ....at least magnus motorsports in CANADA makes bulletproof doggears....shift without the clutch for all you sissies...then you wont have to worry about a thing....

my clutch lasted till 425 hp (stock clutch)

my internals are looking at 450+ hp right now and its still singing till redline

but I think thats about it...im changing my pistons and rods and knife edging my crank...holla fools
What are your 1/4-mile times? Remember, we're not talking about just driving around daily with the occasional hard acceleration. You said people should drive the way "your suppose to." By this, I assume you mean they go to 7200+ in every gear with lightning quick shifts combined with hard braking and downshifts at high rpm while traversing a road course, right? That is the purpose of this car after all, and is how I prefer to drive it. Not sure if that's what you meant, though.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

transmission in the 03 has issues.... the gear syncronizers can go bad in 2nd 3rd and 5th. luckily its covered by warranty, having to get my 2nd and 5th replace as well as the first gear sleeve. Just a faulty part on some 03s that will cause grinding even in light driving
Old Sep 12, 2005, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

so the bad gears in 03s... is it all the cars? or just some? I'm asking because I just bought an 03
Old Sep 12, 2005, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I thought internals referred to engine internals, not drivetrain parts like diffs and trannys.

I'm still curious as to what that means.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GPTourer

I'm still curious as to what that means.
Using the title as well, he has a friend that constantly questions how much the stock evo internals can take...he saw somewhere they are hard as hell (ie, can take a lot).
Old Sep 12, 2005, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my guess:

"I have a friend who questions this constantly; i say they are hard as hell"
Old Sep 12, 2005, 01:08 PM
Evolving Member

Does anyone else feel like they are in english class
Old Sep 12, 2005, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
What are your 1/4-mile times? Remember, we're not talking about just driving around daily with the occasional hard acceleration. You said people should drive the way "your suppose to." By this, I assume you mean they go to 7200+ in every gear with lightning quick shifts combined with hard braking and downshifts at high rpm while traversing a road course, right? That is the purpose of this car after all, and is how I prefer to drive it. Not sure if that's what you meant, though.
Sorry Warrtalon, but you have a track record for pissing on other peoples posts because you either disagree or don't care for the grammer used. I understand his grammer left much for desire, but you could get the gist of it. I don't want to get in to it and hijack his post....
Old Sep 12, 2005, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jared622
Does anyone else feel like they are in english class
Jared, that comment should end with a question mark, not a smiley face.
Old Sep 12, 2005, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by krafty
Sorry Warrtalon, but you have a track record for pissing on other peoples posts because you either disagree or don't care for the grammer used. I understand his grammer left much for desire, but you could get the gist of it. I don't want to get in to it and hijack his post....
You don't need to apologize. I know my track record and don't fault you for the assumption, but even with my analytic skills, I still don't know what that quote meant. I am not able to get the gist of it whatsoever. Something about his friend questioning something and how something is really hard? Also, "internals" only refer to engines as GPtourer said, but I'm not sure the thread originator understands the difference, so I'd like to clarify all of this before getting into the explanation he's looking for...

Btw, it's grammAr, just for future reference.

Quick Reply: How much can stock evo internals take?