Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Brembos Fading Carbon Fiber Spoiler Fading

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2005, 06:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brembos Fading Carbon Fiber Spoiler Fading

Recently my 2003 Yellow Evo's Brembos started turning pink to dull Red, its due to the clear coat of the calipers peeling off. My spoiler also started fading looks like there are white spots all over the carbon fiber part. I took it to the nearest dealer and offcourse they are denying warranty in the breaks saying all sort of crap like its wear and tear and I didnt even argue with the spoiler. I called Mitsubishi's main office and talk to them about it, took me 5 mins just the explain what was happening and they said they are going to call the dealer ship I went to. The dealer called me said that the breaks and the spoiler are on order. I am writing this just to share to you all that might have the same problem, please dont take no for an answer all you need to do is call the right people and you will be set. Again I am just sharing my experience to anyone that might have the same problem. Have a nice day
Old Sep 13, 2005, 06:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MetalGear214
Recently my 2003 Yellow Evo's Brembos started turning pink to dull Red, its due to the clear coat of the calipers peeling off. My spoiler also started fading looks like there are white spots all over the carbon fiber part. I took it to the nearest dealer and offcourse they are denying warranty in the breaks saying all sort of crap like its wear and tear and I didnt even argue with the spoiler. I called Mitsubishi's main office and talk to them about it, took me 5 mins just the explain what was happening and they said they are going to call the dealer ship I went to. The dealer called me said that the breaks and the spoiler are on order. I am writing this just to share to you all that might have the same problem, please dont take no for an answer all you need to do is call the right people and you will be set. Again I am just sharing my experience to anyone that might have the same problem. Have a nice day
That's good to hear. I've had my 03 for just about a year and a half and only one of the calipers is starting to fade, guess I'll keep my eye on the others and when/if they fade get them replaced. So far my spoiler has no fading at all, i keep a good coat of wax on it most of the time though so I'm sure that helps.
Old Sep 13, 2005, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

wow wtf, i went to corporate mitsubishi and got denied. wow
Old Sep 13, 2005, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

I had the same exact experience, except I called Mitsu Corp first. Told the lady what was going on and she said "if its not abuse will 100% cover that for you sir" She called my dealership, set up an appointment and they replaced all 4 of my Calipers. Over 5000 on the service invoice. They even asked me if my wing was fading, I never knew anything about it. It wasnt so we didnt touch it.

I had great luck with them. Glad someone else did too.
Old Sep 13, 2005, 06:56 AM
CGs
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by deadbeatrec
Did you guys call the same people?? What is the right number for the Mitsubishi Motors North America offices?? Isn't the corporate hotline 1-888-MITSU2005?
Old Sep 13, 2005, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

I had this happen to me, calipers where peeling, wing was fading and one of my doors paint even faded from black to grey. I brought it to my dealership, all I said was my calipers are peeling and the guy ordered new ones, he didnt look at them peeling untill after he sent in the order, they also gave me a new wing, repainted my door and replaced some interior peices that were fading aswell. I guess it just depends which dealership you goto?
Old Sep 13, 2005, 06:58 AM
Account Disabled

I was lucky enough to have my wing replaced afew weeks back but they wouldn't do the brakes because they said they weren't covered under "Body and paint". I'm going to try another dealer and hope they will do something about them, they look like total crap with big pieces of clear coming off If not, I'll probably just paint them black or something.
Old Sep 13, 2005, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

wow, so maybe the secret is to call the big dogs??? What is the number???
Old Sep 13, 2005, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

same here.
Old Sep 13, 2005, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

If you went to the dealer and got denied then it's time to go to MOA. If you skipped trying the dealer, it was a waste.

When (or if) the dealer does it for you, and Mitsu says the claim wasn't warranted it's the dealer that gets the bill. If you called MOA, and they say no, you can bet you won't get it done at the dealer afterwards.
Old Sep 13, 2005, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

here is my wing. Unfortunately my warranty is up, but I did complain about this before my warranty was up and they told me to keep an eye on it and if it got worse (which it is now in the attached pictures) they would replace it. I have to call them now though.
Attached Thumbnails Brembos Fading Carbon Fiber Spoiler Fading-wing-1.jpg   Brembos Fading Carbon Fiber Spoiler Fading-wing-2.jpg   Brembos Fading Carbon Fiber Spoiler Fading-wing-3.jpg  
Old Sep 13, 2005, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

Had my spoiler replaced due to clearcoating problems about 10k ago, had the front left brembo replaced due to the same fading/peeling issue. But now the rf is doing the same and the left is starting to show the same issues again.

Too much track time I guess!!!
Old Sep 13, 2005, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Out of curiousity, are those with spotting on the wings like in the pics parked outside all the time? Mine is an '03 purchased in January of '04 and I don't have spots like that. It is garaged at night and when I'm not driving but sits out in the sun all day at work.
Old Sep 13, 2005, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SuperchargedGTZ
here is my wing. Unfortunately my warranty is up, but I did complain about this before my warranty was up and they told me to keep an eye on it and if it got worse (which it is now in the attached pictures) they would replace it. I have to call them now though.

Almost looks like you tried to wet sand it.
Old Sep 13, 2005, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by virtex
Almost looks like you tried to wet sand it.
haha....that is exactly the same thing the stupid Mitsu rep said.

I laughed so hard...and I sarcastically replied "That on occasion I buf my car with sandpaper"

Quick Reply: Brembos Fading Carbon Fiber Spoiler Fading