Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My EVO Dealer experiences...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2002, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation My EVO Dealer experiences...

Decided to get on a list this week...here is what happened.

Dealer #1: Courtesy Mitsubishi-Tampa, FL
I had visited this dealer over a year ago trying to get on a list, but they had none and wouldn't start one. I left my name. I returned the other day, and the sales manager remembered me by name. He told me he would call me when they were taking deposits, but I was #1. I asked about prices (over M.S.R.P.), but he wouldn't discuss it. I don't want to pay over M.S.R.P., so I decided to look on. [b](He also mentioned that the SE Sales REP was there a few days ago with pics...and was quoting a mid July-August release...But I won't hold my breath).

Dealer #2: Crown Mitsubishi-St Pete, Fl
I walked in and waited for the sales manager. I explained what I was looking to get on a list for the EVO 7. The manager started by reading a 'Mitsubishi' news release decribing the car (Same one they released @ the LA auto-show). He then told me that they would NOT pre-sell any of there EVO's, but rather hold on, and mark it up about $5k. No idea on release date. A-Hole....I left.

Dealer #3: Clearwater Mitsubishi-Clearwater, Fl
Located the Sales manager and asked the usual. He confirmed ot was coming...but not sure on date, or whether or not they would sell over M.S.R.P., but he had a salesperson take all my info for future reference. They were very nice.

Dealer #4: Gulfview Mitsubishi- Port Richey, Fl
WOW. These people were the best (or so it seemed). They took all my info, and I am now #1 on their list. Although they knew nothing more than the usual (Jan 2003 release), they told me that they would get on 'DiamondNet' (whatever that is) and try and get me more info, as well as on a mailing list for info, if one is available. They were eager to please. I explained that I wouldn't pay over MSRP, and they told me that they wouldn't charge me over MSRP, and we discussed some arrangements (will not disclose, so don't ask!). I questioned there ability to provide a EVO (as dealer sales dictate allotment and there lot was kinda small). He laughed. This is 1 of there 2 lots. They are the Sales Volume leader in the region (selling over 350 new cars last month). I was like ...okay, whatever, until I saw the Banner over the receptionist desk and the Plaque on the wall. Now I feel assured. I think this is where I'm gonna get mine.

Well, that's my story. Anybody else got an experience they'd like to share?

Charles
Old Jan 31, 2002, 08:48 AM
Evolving Member

I have contacted probably about 10 dealers in Oregon and Washington by email. 5 or so of those by phone. Not one yet has agreed to MSRP, but some haven't yet said absolutely no yet.

Consider yourself lucky!

I haven't tried visiting any in person yet 'cause the two closest ones were such a*holes on the phone I figured I was going to have to live with a dealership 100s of miles away. There's one more chance for a close dealership at MSRP, and I'm waiting on them right now (hopefully hear something tomorrow).
Old Jan 31, 2002, 08:53 AM

Good luck

Well, I wish you luck. finding 1 for MSRP is nearly impossible I am sure, but my getting one for that price DOES HAVE A HITCH, but I can't discuss it right now. Otherwise, MARK-UP!

Charles
Old Jan 31, 2002, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

The salesperson I talked to at a dealer had no idea about the specs except it was gonna be 'friggin fast'. He said they would have one by March.(!!?) I was suprisied. I checked in the beginning of January and I am going back maybe tomorrow to see if there is an update.

Heres hoping...
Old Jan 31, 2002, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

I looked around for a dealer also. None of them would put me on a list or take a deposit right now. I did find one that said he will deal with me on price like any other Mitsubishi.....meaning BELOW msrp!
Old Jan 31, 2002, 09:27 AM

believe nothing...

Originally posted by broeli
I did find one that said he will deal with me on price like any other Mitsubishi.....meaning BELOW msrp!
Believe nothing until you have it in writing. Trust me on this.
BTW: Even though you may sign a "Buyers Order" with a salesperson, NO DEAL is accpeted unless a Sales manager signs it. I got screwed like that once. That's why I only deal with Sales Managers. Skip the middle man and the confusion.

Charles
Old Jan 31, 2002, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Believe me, my hopes aren't real high on it really happening. But I do plan to push to get something in writing within the next few months from this dealer. Maybe by then we'll have some good info on the price, etc.