Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Lightest Cat Back exhaust for the Evo IX

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2005, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightest Cat Back exhaust for the Evo IX

that fits properly. I was considering the Greddy Ti, but it seems like it takes some hackery to make it fit properly. Are there any other cat back performance exhausts that are light that fit properly?
Old Dec 10, 2005, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do you have a IX? You do realize this was just released, right? If the exhausts from the VIII don't fit, then it's going to take a while for new ones to be released for the IX.
Old Dec 10, 2005, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
For the IX idk, but for the VIII it would have to be the Greddy TI Titanium exhaust that weighs I believe 10 lbs.
Old Dec 10, 2005, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

The IX and VIII i believe can put the same tbe or even the cat back exhaust portion. I would say any TI or Buschur Cat's Back.
Old Dec 10, 2005, 09:53 PM
Evolving Member

MAGNAFLOW TI But you cant get it any more. 10LBS

From what I hear any 8 cat back will fit on any 9. Good luck
Old Dec 10, 2005, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

Im gettin HKS Carbon TI exhaust and HKS downpipe and High Flow cat.. I belive HKS Carbon TI sound great and Lighter also it made from Titanium
Old Dec 10, 2005, 10:23 PM

Yep.. I have a IX MR. The Greddy Ti is a really attractive option. I'd just like to know that it's going to fit before purchasing it.
Old Dec 10, 2005, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

It should be Same VIII fitment.. so Im get HKS and install on 27th...
Old Dec 10, 2005, 11:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ciphermonk
that fits properly. I was considering the Greddy Ti, but it seems like it takes some hackery to make it fit properly. Are there any other cat back performance exhausts that are light that fit properly?
get a greddy TI catbat, Aspec titanium car delete, and bushur has a downpipe that will work on the IX. Just make sure that bushur puts in a bung in the downpipe so if in the future you want to connect a wideband.
Old Dec 10, 2005, 11:11 PM

I'm not sure that I wanna do the downpipe and such. The dealership where I bought the car told me that I can do an intake and cat-back without voiding my warranty. Anything forward of the car would result in it being voided. Is there that much more power to be had by going turbo back? Noise is a big deal for me. I don't want the car to become so loud that it's annoying to drive everyday.
Old Dec 11, 2005, 12:35 AM
Evolving Member

I'm not sure that I wanna do the downpipe and such. The dealership where I bought the car told me that I can do an intake and cat-back without voiding my warranty. Anything forward of the car would result in it being voided. Is there that much more power to be had by going turbo back? Noise is a big deal for me. I don't want the car to become so loud that it's annoying to drive everyday.
I got the espelir and its pretty loud, specialy inside the car!! still love it though
Old Dec 11, 2005, 01:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lukytry
I got the espelir and its pretty loud, specialy inside the car!! still love it though

wow... i got the espelir because it is one of the more tame exhausts. It has a built in resonator to quiet it down a bit. i have a downpipe and a high flow cat, and i think the exhaust sound is perfect. you know its there, but the cops arent going to pull me over for it unless im doing something dumb.

If sound is a concern for you, do NOT get the greddy Ti, and im not sure about the other options.. the Greddy Ti is even too loud to use at pretty much any racetrack that has noise limitations. perhaps not if you use the stock downpipe and cat, but even then it might still be loud.
Old Dec 11, 2005, 01:14 AM
Evolving Member

I'm not sure that I wanna do the downpipe and such. The dealership where I bought the car told me that I can do an intake and cat-back without voiding my warranty. Anything forward of the car would result in it being voided. Is there that much more power to be had by going turbo back?
I would say that the gains are worth it. Besides, you most likely will not have any kind of warranty problem with your car to need to worry about it. even if you do take it in for a warranty problem, if it has nothing to do with the exhaust or maybe the engine, there is nothing they can say about it.
Old Dec 11, 2005, 02:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Grats on wanting to spend WAY more then you should on a cat-back. I'm suprised Warrtalon didn't light you up, you got off easy.

To each their own, I would take the 1g and have a full exhaust, reflash and a boost controller.
Old Dec 11, 2005, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4TUN8
Grats on wanting to spend WAY more then you should on a cat-back. I'm suprised Warrtalon didn't light you up, you got off easy.

To each their own, I would take the 1g and have a full exhaust, reflash and a boost controller.
I've changed my tune. If people want to spend twice as much on a cat-back for 10-15whp than I spent on my full TBE for 30whp, then that's fine with me. If people have all this money to buy brand new IXs and then buy ridiculously-expensive Titanium cat-backs, then good for them. I can't keep up with all the noobs who want to do Titanium exhausts, intake, and BOV, so I just save my energy to help those who already know me here and those few newbies who actually search first, see my comments, and then PM me for GOOD advice. I'm very proud of those few who do that...

Quick Reply: Lightest Cat Back exhaust for the Evo IX