Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What kind of exhaust/intake

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2005, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dsldsl25
I would like to stick with Cat-Back exhaust as well. I think if I go TBE it will bump me up from stock.

Don
OH, well you didn't say that. Saying "exhaust" doesn't mean "cat-back." If you're willing to spend that much on an exhaust, then you have a lot of options. Hopefully, though, you've noticed that there are complete TBEs that cost $600 or less, so it would be a questionable decision to pay near that much for just a cat-back that gleans very little power.

If you are participating in SCCA A-Stock class, then yes, you can only have a cat-back. I can't remember if an aftermarket replacement intake is allowed. I thought it was just a drop-in filter, so double-check on that. Btw, though, unless you are God's gift to autocrossing, AS is probably not going to be much fun. We get owned by S2Ks and C4s. Obviously, it's possible to outdrive local competition, but we aren't even on the radar on the national or divisional scene. Our best class last year was ESP, which is a step above AS and allows a lot more mods. We took 1-2-3 at Nationals, so we got moved to BSP, which will be tougher, but at least it allows a full exhaust and most bolt-ons.
Old Dec 18, 2005, 11:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

I have a new never used Bushur catback with magnaflow for sale...$400 shipped.

let me know if you are interested.....
Old Dec 18, 2005, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dsldsl25
Sorry, just got the evo about 2 weeks ago and have just started my research. I hand an eclipse before and intake was a quick upgrade that gave some extra power so that was nice. As far as exhaust, the reason its nice to have a silencer is because it is my every day driver, but I also use it for autoX. So if by taking the silencer out you gain HP that is Ideal for my situation. I am not one of those guys who likes my car to be so loud (exhaust) I can't think.

Don
You can get a cat back w/ stealthworks from works. I think it was 499+- it might be cheaper since you will be getting a stealthworks. It looks totally stock, awsome. If your looking to get a full TBE you probably wont get a good quality for $600.

You could also spend the money on progessive springs to go along with your bilstien. This might be more benificial than adding more HP to your car.