Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Sunoco gas station attendant dissed my EVO amongst other things...*long read*

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2005, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sunoco gas station attendant dissed my EVO amongst other things...*long read*

Merry X-Mas to all...

I was on my way with my girl to an X-Mas party somewhere in NJ tonight, when I happend to pull into a Sunoco gas station (to wait for my brother who was also en-route as well) and to get a tankful of Ultra 94 (which was $2.42/gal BTW )

As I pull into the station, the EVO immediately caught the attention of a bunch of young kids hanging out horsing around their lowered Civic hatchbacks..... I figured I'll just mind my own business and make believe I didnt see them even though they were staring hard at the car.

Anyhow I decide to get gas, and the attendant approached my car to give me service. I was like ok, fill-er up ultra 94. The attendant looks at my car and says is this a lancer? I'm like yeah, it is.

Then he says "This is a piece of crap car. I have driven a few and they suck"

I'm like "really.... why??"

he says, "they are not built very well and fall apart real easily"
In my mind I'm saying to myself "whatever man"
and didnt respond.

He then says "You should put a 50 shot of NAWS in it and use it when ever you need to launch off the line"

I then say "No, I dont need NAWS, running just turbo is good enough for me"

He then asks me if I did any security upgrades on my car since now "its a nice car"
I said nothing..... he then goes and tells me that he has like 4 kill switches on his Civic hatch, which had lovely primered white paint and was slammed to the ground. a kill switch for the ignition, fuel pump, alternator, battery negative terminal.

So now I''m beginning to think he's nuts.... but anyway he asks me if Im worried about my Evo getting jacked, and I say no becuase I never leave the car really anywhere unattended...

Anyhow, the gas pump stopped pumping gas and he continues topping it off until the tank overflowed spilling gas all over my lovely paint.

At this point in time I'm pissed a wanna kick his A$$ but decided not to cuz he was like 6'3" and like 180+ pounds.... I immediately grab the quick detailer from the glove box and start spraying the paint.... then I ran to the bathroom to get water to wipe the paint down.....

anyhow, he didnt apologize at all and started telling me how you need to leave gas on the paint for at least 1 month before it starts to eat through....

I then told him I disagree, that gas starts eating away at your paint once it makes contact...

but anyhow, sorry about my rants, but this guy was a schmuck.... first he disses my EVO, then tells me all sorts of crap from NAWS to kill switches, and then spills gas on my paint.

I swear man dont let any Honda ricers pump your gas for you...

but wait I was in NJ and every gas station pumps gas for you...

but anyhow, I'm glad that I can at least go to NJ and fill up gas and save some $$$ and be able to get Ultra 94 which I paid $2.42/gal. When I got home the local Mobil gas station was selling 93 for $2.75/gal, and 87 for like $2.45/gal which was a tad more then what I paid for 94

Last edited by Blue Evo 8; Dec 24, 2005 at 09:59 PM.
Old Dec 24, 2005, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
Merry X-Mas to all...

but this guy was a schmuck.... first he disses my EVO, then tells me all sorts of crap from NAWS to kill switches, and then spills gas on my paint.

I swear man dont let any Honda ricers pump your gas for you...
lol
thats why i pump my own gas
Old Dec 24, 2005, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6'3" and 180lbs.? He is one skinny guy. I'd kick him.
Old Dec 24, 2005, 10:03 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah, i don't get that east coast mentality either. i was in long island filling up, pulled up and the guy asked what i wanted. i'm like "nah, i'll just fill it up myself" and he goes on to tell me he has to fill it up for me?!???

in the midwest or down south, there are no full service stations anymore and thats what i'm used to. do i tip the guy or what?

sorry to hear about the crappy attendent, but you did the right thing by ignoring him and just letting it slide, props man
Old Dec 24, 2005, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
Merry X-Mas to all...

the attendant approached my car to give me service.

LOL

that guy was a hater and an idiot...
Old Dec 24, 2005, 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

people pump ur gas in NY? I'm sorry I don't care of the guy is 7'3..the minute he started saying dumb crap I would've got out and pumped my own gas and took it over from there. Should've asked if Primer was a limited edition color for his special edition civic slammed. He sounds like a absolute fool, the spilling the gas thing is crossing the border though. I gotta hand it to u for keeping ur cool like that though because I certainly wouldnt be able to
Old Dec 24, 2005, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

i woulda been like what ya thinkin lance, 87, 89? and wacked him with the gas nozzle and shoved it in his mouth... lol
Old Dec 24, 2005, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

Sound like Kid is retard ghetto.... U should kick his ***! I would if they do to my Evo! or talk ****...
Old Dec 24, 2005, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GreenPsycho
yeah, i don't get that east coast mentality either. i was in long island filling up, pulled up and the guy asked what i wanted. i'm like "nah, i'll just fill it up myself" and he goes on to tell me he has to fill it up for me?!???

in the midwest or down south, there are no full service stations anymore and thats what i'm used to. do i tip the guy or what?

sorry to hear about the crappy attendent, but you did the right thing by ignoring him and just letting it slide, props man
No you dont have to tip the attendant. If you do then its gotta be out of the kindness of your heart or if he gives you exceptional service.

If you were in LI, NY or anywhere in NY you can choose between self service and full service.

NJ does Full service at all stations cuz it prevents people from stealing gas, and also opens up a job for a gas station attendant.

Thanks, I normally am level headed and keep my cool. Its really hard for people to get me mad or **** me off to the point where I react to it.... but most of the time I let things slide and dont show that it bothers me.
Old Dec 24, 2005, 10:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by inariv5573
6'3" and 180lbs.? He is one skinny guy. I'd kick him.

I'm like 5'11" and 135 lbs.....

I think he'd kick me back, and might even kick my EVO's side panels as well...
Old Dec 24, 2005, 10:16 PM

http://vtec.ytmnd.com/

did he say something like this???
Old Dec 24, 2005, 10:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JigGaxBAM

Old Dec 24, 2005, 10:23 PM
Evolving Member

damn, $2.42 or 94 octane, and they pump ur gas? its $2.47 for 89 and u gotta feeze ur jollies off and pump it ur self up here
Old Dec 24, 2005, 10:27 PM
Evolved Member

hahah just remember that HE is the one that has to pump gas for you.
Old Dec 24, 2005, 10:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JigGaxBAM

NJ, you can't pump yourself. It is the law. gasoline can't be handled by general public. what a nonsense law that is.... trained professional like that idiot can only do it.

Quick Reply: Sunoco gas station attendant dissed my EVO amongst other things...*long read*