Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Paint: Yellow Evo 8 looks like cheap WRX Blaze Yellow

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2003, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Paint: Yellow Evo 8 looks like cheap WRX Blaze Yellow

I was at Manhassett Mitsubishi in LI yesterday and saw a Yellow Evo 8 parked outside the showroom.

It was in the direct sunlight of the afternoon, and I looked at the paint. It looks real cheap, like the Blaze Yellow paint of the WRX.

If the yellow was similar to the Phoenix Yellow of the Integra Type R, or the Yellow of the 03 yellows of the WRX it'll look better.

For now the Blue by you color of the Evo 8 owns me.
Old Mar 25, 2003, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ahem!!! thats "LIGHTNING YELLOW", not yellow. hehehe, yea I got a "lightning yellow" evo and it looks KICK *** with the finishing touch coat and protectant on there. The yellow at YOUR dealership might have been dirty or different but mine is just BLING BLINGIN down the street. The interior is immaculate and I always love that new Car smell I dunno maybe its opinion but black on yellow looks just bomb to me! I was gonna get silver but its just too...........cool i guess I dunno. I like FUN, but thats just me.
Old Mar 25, 2003, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

The Blaze Yellow on the WRX was more like pastel sissy boy yellow. I originally wanted a yellow WRX before they came out. Boy I'm glad I didn't wait for it! Here's a pic of some WRXs from the very first batch, I think that there's no resemblance between this and the Lightning Yellow on the Evo!
Attached Images  
Old Mar 25, 2003, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

**** yellow
Old Mar 25, 2003, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by iodine23
The Blaze Yellow on the WRX was more like pastel sissy boy yellow. I originally wanted a yellow WRX before they came out. Boy I'm glad I didn't wait for it! Here's a pic of some WRXs from the very first batch, I think that there's no resemblance between this and the Lightning Yellow on the Evo!
You hit the nail on the head with the Blaze yellow comment. I could never understand why Subaru would paint a car like the WRX in a pastel color like Blaze yellow. The most recent WRX yellow is a lot better, but is still not as nice as the EVO Lightning Yellow. The EVO color is much closer to Porsche speed yellow, Ferrari fly yellow, or the yellow used on the Lotus Elan.

I agree the EVO color has no resemblance at all to Blaze yellow.
Old Mar 25, 2003, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

Yea... Im not a big fan of the yellow ones either... I love the yellow paint on most cars, but the Evo VIIIs is just ugly... rahter go with the blue or red... thats nice
Old Mar 25, 2003, 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by N10S

You hit the nail on the head with the Blaze yellow comment. I could never understand why Subaru would paint a car like the WRX in a pastel color like Blaze yellow. The most recent WRX yellow is a lot better, but is still not as nice as the EVO Lightning Yellow. The EVO color is much closer to Porsche speed yellow, Ferrari fly yellow, or the yellow used on the Lotus Elan.

I agree the EVO color has no resemblance at all to Blaze yellow.
I've only ever seen a few yellow WRXs. Maybe 2 of the first year with the really lame yellow. I can understand why I didn't see more of those, fugly! But I did see one a few months back that looked a lot better, it must be the more recent yellow you're talking of. It almost looked more orange than yellow. I thought maybe it was a custom paint job, but maybe not after your comments.

Perhaps the initial post was talking about the newer Blaze Yellow rather than the first batch?

EDIT: I did a google search. Maybe it was the "Sonic Yellow" WRX that I saw a while back. In any case I haven't seen too many yellow WRX, guess they played it right making those the limited production cars... nobody probably wanted them anyways!

Last edited by iodine23; Mar 25, 2003 at 09:46 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2003, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by EvoDaWayToGo
Yea... Im not a big fan of the yellow ones either... I love the yellow paint on most cars, but the Evo VIIIs is just ugly... rahter go with the blue or red... thats nice
Wow....you yellow EVO haters are gonna give my car a complex !
Old Mar 25, 2003, 10:34 PM
Evolved Member

the evo yellow is the same yellow as the OZ lightning yellow...i think that yellow is kick ***! The only other yellow that i like is mp3 yellow and the type R yellow... Scooby yellow looks like it has been in the sun for 10 yrs. TRUST give er a little car wash and she'll be glowing. Best yellow around!
Old Mar 25, 2003, 10:37 PM

Hell no! The yellow evo is hot as hell! I dont know where there getting this from but that yellow is hot, i will probably get it in that color. That and silver werer the last 2 choices for me. Even everybody that i showed it too so far has said that is a nice color. Looks absolutely nothing like the wrx!
Old Mar 25, 2003, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

I dunno guys but maybe my eyes that day were fatigued. causing the Yellow Evo to look real dull and worn out by the sun. Ohh well....i'm still going with the Blue Evo.

The salesman at my dealership told me that the Blue ones are the rarest color...
Old Mar 26, 2003, 12:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Blue Evo 8
I dunno guys but maybe my eyes that day were fatigued. causing the Yellow Evo to look real dull and worn out by the sun. Ohh well....i'm still going with the Blue Evo.

The salesman at my dealership told me that the Blue ones are the rarest color...
No way!! The sales manager at my dealership told me the yellow was the hardest to get!!??

Hmmmm....she was a woman though, and may have been using her feminine wiles to seal the deal!
Old Mar 26, 2003, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

See it's funny that you mention that yellow is ugly on the Evo's....because it is very highly known that the yello Evo's are the fastest! That shiny brightness is good for at least 10hp.

I've heard just as many people complaining about the blue color. Some think it's a cheap imitation or the E46 M3 Island Blue.

SC~
Old Mar 26, 2003, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

I've got my yellow EVO and I just put limo tints all the way around... It is truely one bad *** lookin ride... I've had a few guys give me flyers to put my car in their car shows and it's gonna be on some websites as a model car... The yellow rocks!!
Old Mar 26, 2003, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah i guess yellow isnt too bad, but my dream appearance set-up on my blue Evo would be to do 17" white TE37's, Tein EDFC coilover suspension, and a few mods here and there to make it look "racy" but not "Ricey" Also, I'd have to take out the intercooler and paint the endtanks chrome to make it look more showy/intimidating.