Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

IX vs. 06 GTO, 07 Challenger....

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2006, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EVOOOO8
Hey Warrtalon, I talked to you a few days ago about a rough idle and lash adjusters being replaced as well as spark plug gap. My mechanic got the adjusters replaced on the #1 cyl . vehicle is definately a lot smoother and quieter under the valve cover. Also the throttle response is immediate and boost seems to come on sooner. Dave my mech also stated that spark plug gap can different on each car and that you may have to try different gap for different tunes and vehicles. Note Idle is nice and smooth with very little fluctuation now. Thank you for your input on Evo's. I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future.
Cool. I didn't expect anything good to come of the lash adjuster replacement, but I'm glad it all worked and was under warranty.

As for the plugs, I 100% agree. You have to find the right heat range and gap that works for YOUR car, because that might not be the same as MY car.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 03:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoIXowner
With my current Evo, I'm having a heck of a time getting the car faster. It is pretty wicked right now, but without doing something that could put the car at risk (EMS or severe tune) i just dont see me getting back 310hp at the crank.
Um, you do realize that the IX is underrated from the factory and does put out around 310 HP stock at the crank, right?

Although it's not impossible with your mod combination that you've lost power ...

You can gain upwards of 80whp with just a boost controller, true 3" TBE, and a reflash ... which would put you in the neighborhood of 400 crank HP ...

Last edited by joshd; Feb 21, 2006 at 03:38 PM.