Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

there are some stupid cops out there

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2006, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
there are some stupid cops out there

today this cop gives me a ticket for aftermarket steering wheel. BTW I have the factory momo steering wheel....if your not familiar with cars please dont write stupid tickets I didnt even know aftermarket steering wheels were illegal lol
Old Jun 2, 2006, 12:26 PM
Rnm
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hahahaha, should be easily thrown out in court.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

wtf? dude, theres gotta be more to this...

i mean didnt you show him the mitsu emble, and SRS airbag emblem on the steering wheel?

or how there is no hub adapter or anything?

unbelievable.
Evolved Member

i've found that the vast majority of police have an inferiority complex. that is why they became police in the first place. to exercise their will on the public at large under the protection of a badge and a gun.
Evolving Member

Who the hell knows what the laws are in that country

I hope you're taking this to court, With plenty pictures to prove this is a stock steering wheel. I would also want something to be done with the police officer, Who had given you the ticket, As this is foolish nonsence.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 12:29 PM
Evolving Member

what did you get pulled over for in the first place?
Im sure it wasnt the steering wheel.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

HA, i just got pulled over a week ago; cop was b|tching about my loud exhaust, even made me start up the car and rev it....proceeded to say "its TOO loud, WAAAAY to loud son" This guy was in his forties or fifties, typical arrogant cop. I tell him its legal and will pass a decibelmeter test, because it is below the maximum decibles allowed. He proceeded to ask me WHAT A DECIBLEMETER was, hahahah, then got into his lil piggy-mind that i was trying to "outsmart him, and use large words and mention devices that did not exist" He had another unit come....and what does the the dyke walk up with... A deciblemeter. The cop ended up not even testing it, didnt mention a word, and had the second unit (dyke) write up my warning for no front plate.

***in time for a PIG ROAST
Old Jun 2, 2006, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Derek888
today this cop gives me a ticket for aftermarket steering wheel. BTW I have the factory momo steering wheel....if your not familiar with cars please dont write stupid tickets I didnt even know aftermarket steering wheels were illegal lol
Are u serious? This is really hard to believe that. If it is true then........... i'm speachless.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

The F-ing problem with getting a BS ticket is that, though you may win in court, you still have to take time off of work to fight it. That time off may constitute lost wages for some people. I'm in favor of the judge awarding damages to defendants, payable by the police officer, if the ticket is outrageous to begin with. Tickets for stock spoilers, stock exhaust, etc are maddeningly f*cked.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
i've found that the vast majority of police have an inferiority complex. that is why they became police in the first place. to exercise their will on the public at large under the protection of a badge and a gun.
agreed... some were probably teased as a child or didnt want to further their education
Old Jun 2, 2006, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

before you guys flame too much, look at his location. I pretty sure most of you don't know the traffic laws in SE Asia.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RED DEMON
HA, i just got pulled over a week ago; cop was b|tching about my loud exhaust, even made me start up the car and rev it....proceeded to say "its TOO loud, WAAAAY to loud son" This guy was in his forties or fifties, typical arrogant cop. I tell him its legal and will pass a decibelmeter test, because it is below the maximum decibles allowed. He proceeded to ask me WHAT A DECIBLEMETER was, hahahah, then got into his lil piggy-mind that i was trying to "outsmart him, and use large words and mention devices that did not exist" He had another unit come....and what does the the dyke walk up with... A deciblemeter. The cop ended up not even testing it, didnt mention a word, and had the second unit (dyke) write up my warning for no front plate.

***in time for a PIG ROAST
what a freaken waste of time.... In all that time he wasted trying to bust you, those 2 cops could have done some patrolling and maybe stop actualy crime somewhere.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MondoBongo
This is VERY VERY true. Its almost as if they are lacking in the genitalia department
Old Jun 2, 2006, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Derek888
In some states when you modified the steering wheel for a non SRS system that is subject to fail safety standards.

Just about anywhere in Europe if you remove the standard SRS system from your steering wheel by replacing it with a non SRS steering wheel system your car is not road worthy as far is the traffic law is concern.

my .2c

Carlos

Quick Reply: there are some stupid cops out there