Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What would you do? - Need help fast!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2006, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr. SS
c h a n g e y o u r o w n o i l.
I never have time. I work from 9 AM to 5 PM, and after that I take a class from 5:30 PM to 9:30 PM. On the weekends I'm busy as well, and the last thing I want to do is change my oil.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kee1pride
yah. i was going to say the same thing. save your self the trouble and do it at home. buy a jack, drain pan, and maybe an oil filter removal tool and you get to save your self a couple hundred a year.

doing it at home costs less than 30 like machron1 said. and dont give me the "i don't have time for it" excuse because that crap takes like 10-15 minutes to do after you jack the car up.

screw those clowns
wordumundo...

im so anti-dealer that i wont take ANYTHING to them, even if its interior/upholstery related, because there are literally apes and monkeys working there as techs.

was like that with my previous car as well.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo VIII
I never have time. I work from 9 AM to 5 PM, and after that I take a class from 5:30 PM to 9:30 PM. On the weekends I'm busy as well, and the last thing I want to do is change my oil.
lol, dude trust me i work 80+ hours at times, and at times 30+ hour stretches at once in my profession and i still made time to change my oil (like already said its a 15 minute job) even in the dead of winter, because the peace of mind knowing a human being and not a primate worked on my car goes a long way.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dr. SS
wordumundo...

im so anti-dealer that i wont take ANYTHING to them, even if its interior/upholstery related, because there are literally apes and monkeys working there as techs.

was like that with my previous car as well.
I understand what you mean and you're right, but I'm worried about an entirely different issue at the moment. I'm not sure what I should do when I pick up my car. Can they withhold the keys to my car until I pay?
Old Jun 20, 2006, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

nope, you have documentaion saying you paid their quote already. if so charge them with stealing.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Well, I guess I will have to just wait and see from here on out.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 11:02 AM

Just report it to BAR. If they rotated your tires without approval over the phone or by signature, then it's free.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 11:02 AM
Evolving Member

i would do my own oil changes. check out the fumuto(sp?) valve. it's a valve (obviously) that you attach and it drains the oil right into a can... i heard it cuts oil change times in half.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what was their justification for the increase? If you already signed for 60 that is what you should pay. Your sig on their receipt would be enough for a judge to rule in your favor.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4g63skeet
i would do my own oil changes.
Ok, we've already established that. I've already said that I'm not asking if I should do my oil changes or not. Rather, I'm asking what you would do in this particular situation.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4g63skeet
i would do my own oil changes. check out the fumuto(sp?) valve. it's a valve (obviously) that you attach and it drains the oil right into a can... i heard it cuts oil change times in half.
If that's like the Fram Suredrain, do NOT buy it. Sure, you'll save 1/2 the time getting the oil to START coming out, but it takes 5x longer to drain through the skinny @** Tube. JUNK, had one on my Talon for a little while.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

I would simply tell them that's not what you agreed with. And that there is no justification for the steep price increase. You did not authorize anything else to be done to the car, so it shouldnt go up.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lexat20
what was their justification for the increase? If you already signed for 60 that is what you should pay. Your sig on their receipt would be enough for a judge to rule in your favor.
He said that he accidently put me down for the wrong oil, and when the techs in the garage looked at what he ordered, they told him about his mistake. I remember though as he was printing the page, I asked if it was 10w-30 synthetic oil, and he said yes.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

If you have already paid the 60$ then they can not keep your car.

If you have not paid, you still have signed quote and I would hold them to it. They still should not have grounds for holding your car.
Old Jun 20, 2006, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

what ever. that oil is 21-26 dollars at walmart. don't let them make you think its some outrageously expensive oil.

Quick Reply: What would you do? - Need help fast!