Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evolution Horror Stories

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2006, 03:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joseph143
Common Sense has nothing to do with it.
Okay right now make a choice... Your stuck on one side of a wall of water. There is nothing behind you but desert and on the other side the entire city of El Paso. Do you go through it with the five cars in front of you. OR do you sit there for like 15 days til the rain stops. HMMMM....
I would call a tow truck.. you aint in WRC..
Old Oct 10, 2006, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Pure Playaer
dont listen to him

sti's suck lol

dude just tell ur insurance that ur car is a lemon.. n u want a new one.. turn ur car back to stock

n kabam ur done
the insurance knows better.... my car wasnt the only one in EL Paso to flood out due to rain.... when i went to the dealer for the motor they had 13 cars that were flood damaged....
Old Oct 10, 2006, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
He cant tell his insurace company the car is a lemon. This isnt a manufacturing issue that in three tries cant be fixed. The motor blew cause he drove in water over the hood. His clutch went cause of the water also I suspect. Tranny could have been from a shattered clutch, shoddy work, or the cold *** water could have cracked it whe he submerged it. Get a new tranny. Sorry for your luck man time to call Shep or TRE and have them build you a new 6 speed or see if your insurance company will pay for it.

Lemon Law How? On What Grounds? You guys are right common sense should come with owning any car (not talking to the OP)
Old Oct 10, 2006, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

actually I got off the phone with the dealer manager and with the information someone posted in here I actually have the insurance backed into a corner and they have to pay.... car should be done next week... though the shep idea aint to bad.... I do know how to install the transmission....

Last edited by joseph143; Oct 10, 2006 at 03:56 PM. Reason: poor typing.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
There you go. Once back together youll forget it ever happened. GL
Old Oct 10, 2006, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

thanks to who ever posted about the wet clutch..... lot of thanks
Old Oct 10, 2006, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by joseph143
thanks to who ever posted about the wet clutch..... lot of thanks
Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
If the car was upto its headlights in water, then water got everywhere, including the clutch. Once soaked to that point I would doubt that it would dry 100%. Taking it out would have been a good idea to check it.
Did I inavertantly help you out?
Old Oct 10, 2006, 04:40 PM

I got my Evo a month ago, it got broken into on the first night, and it spent the next three weeks in the shop waiting for backordered parts. Insurance covered most of the damage, but not the stuff stolen from inside, and not the $1000 in car rental for a month. I get it back and the dealer scratched the front and rear bumpers... fixed a week later. A lot of bad luck early on ... but at least I didn't drive it through a river!
Old Oct 10, 2006, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
Did I inavertantly help you out?
SmikeEvo - dude, you are hella funny! You are like Dean Martin to this guy's Jerry Lewis.

Sorry, Joe, I don't mean to kick you while you're down, but c'mon. This has got to be one of the goofiest threads I've seen since arriving on EvoM 3 years ago. Are you in the military?
Old Oct 10, 2006, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by EJEvo
SmikeEvo - dude, you are hella funny! You are like Dean Martin to this guy's Jerry Lewis.
Now where'd I put my martini?
Old Oct 10, 2006, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

I dont blame Anyone... I never said I was smart.... lol. I am in the military... just rotated back to the states from korea. No I shouldnt be able to afford a brand new 06 MR like I do on my salary.... I just budget very well.... In june I deploy back out to qatar this time.
Oh and about the guy with the scratches.... My car had.....One the entire length of the front passanger fender.... one across the trunk, under the spoiler, how they managed that i dont know. They dripped something that looked like coca cola all down the back quarter panel. another scartch across both driver side doors... All recieved while it was in for the motor swap.... I was pissed chewed out the service manager for like the hundredth time and they redetailed my car and now its all pretty and new again... well except for the excessive dust it has collected from El Paso weather and not being able to be washed for like 3 weeks now.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

I will hand it to you. You take it like a man. Welcome to evoM! Dont drive thru standing water anymore. Although in Quatar that seems unlikely.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
God help us - they don't let you handle weapons, do they?

Kim Jong-Il should be more willing to compromise on the nukes if he knows you're back here in the States.

Just take it easy with the Evo. It's a great car, but Mitsu didn't build it bullet-proof. You have to manage it, or else stuff happens. As you found out.

On a serious note - thanks for your service to our country. Make sure to visit Books For Soldiers (ww.BooksForSoldiers.com), and make sure to tell your buddies to visit it when you're deployed. We'll send you all sorts of stuff if you make reasonable requests - in other words, don't ask for a new Evo tranny.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

If you have turned in that many claims to your insurance in such a short time (and I assume you mean insurance and not warranty...) just wait until the underwriters review your policy when it's time for renewal. It'll either be cancellation or a nice premium increase...I have to side with the lack of common sense camp here.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

So you hit a pot hole the size of china... And this was in the middle of the road? humm... And you didnt see this hole on your way there when you passed it up? And you didnt obviously follow any of the other 5 cars that were in front of you?

Sounds a little dumb to me.... But whatever guys we do drive evo's..

Im pretty sure insead of there being a huge 4' hole in the road i would have to say you went thru it fast and sucked up the watter... Cause like you said you drove thru it and you took it back to base... So for instance if there really was a hole deep enough to go up to your hood then you would have had body damage and im pretty sure you wouldn't have driven it home...

BTW: you suck at making up stories.

Last edited by EiEVO; Oct 10, 2006 at 08:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Evolution Horror Stories