Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

New Evo Info

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2002, 04:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by focal_m3

wow, i wasn't aware of that.
Don't Believe everything you read...
Old Mar 6, 2002, 05:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: New EVO VII

Originally posted by compdoc777
Let me know if anyone has any ideas for upgrades so far I am going to take all the mods off my Eclipse and put them on my EVO.

There is a site which has all the parts need to change a 98+ mirage or 2002 Lancer into a EVO for $7500 if you have one and don't want to foot the $30K the kit comes with engine,brakes,trans,all the goodies,body parts, suspension I think everything.

Welcome...

If you want to put ALL the engine mods from you Eclipse on the new EVO, you might find a great deal of them won't fit....althought both car are equipped with the 4G63 engine, they are actually different versions. the CN9A+ 4G63 (EVO IV +) 4G63 is turned 180 degree and mounted on the "other" side of the engine bay compared to the 1G/2G DSM...so, you might be able to use only a little bit of parts...

I have visit the site you mentioned, the "package" is actually a damaged EVO IV. As far as I know, only couple of the shops in the country have the expertise to handle this conversion....since the coversion involved cutting and welding the rear floor panel, it's not a feasable project for most Mirage/Lancer owner....

Enjoy your staying here