Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My car just got stolen....

Old Nov 7, 2006, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really sorry to hear about your loss. I've been hearing alot about evo theft in s. florida recently and it definately has me worried. Where in Ft. Lauderdale was it taken from? Does the car have any identifying marks i can look out for in case i see it on the road?
Old Nov 7, 2006, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

sorry for your loss dude. Hopefully your insurance comes through for you.........and good luck with your next ride.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Wrath
Really sorry to hear about your loss. I've been hearing alot about evo theft in s. florida recently and it definately has me worried. Where in Ft. Lauderdale was it taken from? Does the car have any identifying marks i can look out for in case i see it on the road?

+1 I stay in Davie so Thats around the area. Anything in particular to look out for?
Old Nov 7, 2006, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear that man. I feel for you. My parents jeep was hotwired and taken into Mexico just recenlty. Granted, it was a nice jeep, but evo>jeep (duh). Keep your head up, things will improve, I promise

TJ
Old Nov 7, 2006, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

my insurance!!!

jk dude, sucks that she's gone. hope you can get another.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 07:58 PM

I live in Plantation, thats all I will say. I was not followed home but the area I live in I live on like the main street of my community. This area is of high traffic for the whole community which has hundreds of houses. I also have felt followed home a few times but just passed my house and kept driving, but the problem with that is I would park it the that high flow area.

I didn't have an alarm but I just thought I was safe. I have a few flood lights in front of my house and I know the neighbors really well so I thought I was ok.

I purposly said I live in ft. luaderdale so that if someone came on this forum it would be hard to find where exactly I live, since I live in Plantation. I never posted pics of my car on here just for that reason also.

The car can be replaced along with the stuff in it, its just the stuff in it isn't insured so that is a real bummer.

List of misc. stuff in the car,
Sony DSC-V3 camera, lenses
Sunpass
cologne
books, aviation equipment, notes for school
brand new tennis rachet
real poker chips
100+ cd's
$100 in cash that was going towards an event that my whole class was holding to help needy kids.
solo s2 radar detector
probably more stuff I cant think of

The only mods I had were HKS SSQ BOV, Megan dp and high flow cat, McCaulok 6000k hid kit.

Thanks for everyones comments and concerns.

-Matt
Old Nov 8, 2006, 08:39 AM
Evolving Member

damn i remember u were suppose to buy my springs from me. good thing u didnt it would have been a waste
Old Nov 8, 2006, 09:53 AM

Sorry to hear that man.... I've been in the same boat and it sux to be there.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DingDong02
I live in Plantation, thats all I will say. I was not followed home but the area I live in I live on like the main street of my community. This area is of high traffic for the whole community which has hundreds of houses. I also have felt followed home a few times but just passed my house and kept driving, but the problem with that is I would park it the that high flow area.

I didn't have an alarm but I just thought I was safe. I have a few flood lights in front of my house and I know the neighbors really well so I thought I was ok.

I purposly said I live in ft. luaderdale so that if someone came on this forum it would be hard to find where exactly I live, since I live in Plantation. I never posted pics of my car on here just for that reason also.

The car can be replaced along with the stuff in it, its just the stuff in it isn't insured so that is a real bummer.

List of misc. stuff in the car,
Sony DSC-V3 camera, lenses
Sunpass
cologne
books, aviation equipment, notes for school
brand new tennis rachet
real poker chips
100+ cd's
$100 in cash that was going towards an event that my whole class was holding to help needy kids.
solo s2 radar detector
probably more stuff I cant think of

The only mods I had were HKS SSQ BOV, Megan dp and high flow cat, McCaulok 6000k hid kit.

Thanks for everyones comments and concerns.

-Matt

Sorry for my off topic comments, but I used to want to move to Florida....but now, I dont, after hearing about crap like this, and knowing that the majority of Floridians are former New Yorkers, I say screw it.