Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My car just got stolen....

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2006, 10:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy My car just got stolen....

Well I was cruising through this site reading a thread about someones car being stolen and my brother walks in and says "man I didnt even know you were here your cars not outside" I was like " yea right stop messing with me" and he was like no im not kidding go look! I ran outside and my car was not there! I called the cops and was freaking out for a while. Filled out a police report and I guess thats all I can really do. I just bought some rotors and now this. I had a solo s2 radar dector in there along with my $650 sony camera with all its lenses, and alot of other misc stuff!!! I cant even explain how I feel right now. Having someone take what I have worked so hard for is just.... lets just say GOD HAVE MERCY ON THERE SOULS because I sure as hell won't!!! Here are some pictures of her in memory... I know she is at a chop shop being rapped right now.

Last edited by DingDong02; Nov 6, 2006 at 10:41 PM.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 10:41 PM
Evolving Member

Wow man... I feel so bad for people when this happens to them. Do your brother/parents take up the garage? ... I made sure I take the garage space between my roommates. Anyways good luck to you man, she looked great...
Old Nov 6, 2006, 10:43 PM
Evolved Member

That is horrible to hear! I am so tired of hearing of evos getting stolen! I am sorry about your car good luck with the situation.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 10:47 PM

I live in a good area and never thought this would happen to me. I feel like someone just ripped my heart out and stepped on it. I have full coverage so my car is completely covered but I am not sure if home owners insurance will cover the stuff in my car.

-Matt
Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:12 PM
Evolved Member

Holy ****... that's crazy. Now 10 users are gonna post about their insurance going up...
Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:14 PM
Evolving Member

Man I am so sorry to hear that.

For future reference, maybe a retrieval device such as LoJack might be a good investment (and yes, nothing's foolproof).
Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:20 PM
Evolved Member

Damn! This is making me sick... Not people posting about their stolen Evo's, but about it happening all the time now! Thank god ive got a garage. When i get my apt. in Reno im making sure they've got garages... Im really sorry to hear about your loss mate... I cant imagine what id do if my car got stolen... Keep hope though brother. Another guy on here got his evo stolen and it was recovered a few hours earlier a little worse for wear. Good luck!
Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Fittest
Man I am so sorry to hear that.

For future reference, maybe a retrieval device such as LoJack might be a good investment (and yes, nothing's foolproof).

Yea I always heard about our cars being stolen but I just never thought it would be me. When I ran outside to really see if my car was there and it wasnt, it was like so much anger and sadness came over me. I looked at the neighbors houses so see if I some how parked at the wrong house and didnt even realize it. What was crazy though is that I came home at 10:15pm and my brothers girl friend came to the house at 10:20ish and she said when she pulled up the car was gone then and she thought I wasnt home. So these people pulled it off without a hitch and ended up getting alot of goodies out of my car with it... dam this sucks it hasnt really sunk in yet...

-Matt
Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:22 PM
Evolved Member

There was just a thread about a serial interface type key thats designed to prevent a jack like this. O well too late. sux

Last edited by evrblazin; Nov 6, 2006 at 11:25 PM.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:29 PM
Evolving Member

edit

Last edited by boostingevo8; Nov 20, 2007 at 06:23 PM.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boostingevo8
Let me guess....your now going to get an Evo 9 right? Sorry to hear but plenty of my friends have evos and I haven't heard of any of them getting stolen. Good Luck. Hmm your car was all stock too?
Depends on where you live. If you live in Aspen chances are your evo is fine vs. North Philly where you may have more to worry about. Just an example.

I'm assuming he doesn't want a stolen car back so he should get a IX.

wouldn't you?
Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:36 PM
Evolving Member

wtf...sorry to hear...how did that happen? I thought that our keys had some chip in it...is that only for the 05+ models?
Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:36 PM
Evolved Member

I've been there man, I know the feeling. It hits you really deep, cuts a nerve that not much else can touch. A feeling of violation beyond anything I have felt before.

How can someone have such little respect for the trials, tribulations, and sweat that others have been through? I still ask myself that...

I'm sorry man... truly am. I hope insurance pays out for you and you're back in an Evo9 soon. Best of luck.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ahhh, more and more threads, I'm getting more and more scared...Sorry to hear about what happend bro, I hate people (well the ones that take what is not theirs)
Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:58 PM
Evolving Member

Oh man I'm sorry what happened. Hopefully you'll get your evo back in one piece.

Quick Reply: My car just got stolen....