Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Limited Edition Evo IX MR Tarmac Black

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2007, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bump
Old Feb 3, 2007, 01:31 PM

Yea I was going into the dealership to buy a white MR because I thought it didn't came in black and I just notice a black MR sitting there collecting dust way back. I thought the dealer just put the "MR" stuff on it, But I looked at the window sticker and it indeed is a MR. with a little extras like the "black" BBS wheels and red stiching. Needless to say I was soo happy
Old Feb 3, 2007, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by adrenaline1
i wont quote anyone in particular but i have one and it is an mr se. and its for sale lol. so if anyone wants it here:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=247492

dont lowball. i already have a deal with a gentleman but it wont finalize till next week so it may fall through so feel free to shoot/pm me an offer.
You don't have a MR SE, you have a MR with an appearance package...which you can call a special edition evo if you would like. But technically MR's with appearance packages and SE's are two different things. You do not have an "SE" badge on your car like the SE's do, only an MR.

Also, I was 99% sure i wanted a black MR and was willing to pay whatever it took. Then i saw a red MR in person and changed my mind lol.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Carloverx
You don't have a MR SE, you have a MR with an appearance package...which you can call a special edition evo if you would like. But technically MR's with appearance packages and SE's are two different things. You do not have an "SE" badge on your car like the SE's do, only an MR.

Also, I was 99% sure i wanted a black MR and was willing to pay whatever it took. Then i saw a red MR in person and changed my mind lol.
I looked at the Red MR as well but I wanted something a little more unique. Red is my favorite color but I just had to get a black MR.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 03:00 PM
Account Disabled

I had a GG Evo 9 MR and traded in for a TB Evo 9 MR SE. I have no regret at all
Old Feb 3, 2007, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
dude, if it's roll out from the factory in black, how would be a mistake??
no body noticed, hey guys look at this ....this come out in black!
unreal....
Old Feb 3, 2007, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

I thought that it's normal. Mitsu made the MR SE in TB. It's just that they don't put the MR SE in their website.

But hey, every Evo is special to it's owner.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

im pretty sure my buddy picked up the LAST black se in NJ.. not an mr tho.. but still the last black se in jersey
Old Feb 3, 2007, 04:44 PM

It is special to its owner, and only to its owner. But to everybody else(the untrained eye) its a econobox with a big wing.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
dude, if it's roll out from the factory in black, how would be a mistake??
no body noticed, hey guys look at this ....this come out in black!
unreal....
lol someone could've pressed the wrong button. ever think about that?
Old Feb 3, 2007, 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

did i say i was a special little boy.

regardless its the se package like the se 'appearace' package on the 'se' to use ur terminology.

but w/e thanks for bringing me back down to earth lol
Old Feb 3, 2007, 10:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by adrenaline1
did i say i was a special little boy.

regardless its the se package like the se 'appearace' package on the 'se' to use ur terminology.

but w/e thanks for bringing me back down to earth lol

ACTUALLY, a tarmac black mr is what didn't exist...thats why they haven't been seen until the SE versions came out. It is and will only be offered as a MR SE. TB MR exclusive to SE versions.
Try and find a non SE MR edition...good luck.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 10:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's a Black IX MR w/ APPEARANCE PACKAGE! There is no such thing and an MR SE in any color! Just go on the website, even...

Now this was infact a mistake from mitsubishi, there were 500 made in USDM trim and they are a much more rare evo! Ask any real Mitsu dealers (people who deal with only evo's) and they will tell you!
Old Feb 3, 2007, 10:27 PM
Evolving Member

No such thing as a TB MR with an appearance package. ONLY TB MR SE.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 10:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LI Pinky
It's a Black IX MR w/ APPEARANCE PACKAGE! There is no such thing and an MR SE in any color! Just go on the website, even...

Now this was infact a mistake from mitsubishi, there were 500 made in USDM trim and they are a much more rare evo! Ask any real Mitsu dealers (people who deal with only evo's) and they will tell you!
I was talking about the TB color only. It in fact might have been a mistake but it is and exclusive color to the SE versions. Which makes it a MR SE only because you cant get it as an TB MR version.

Quick Reply: Limited Edition Evo IX MR Tarmac Black