Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Limited Edition Evo IX MR Tarmac Black

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2007, 10:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It the technicality that makes the TB MR SE or MR "w/appearance" package so beautiful.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by distant_02
I was talking about the TB color only. It in fact might have been a mistake but it is and exclusive color to the SE versions. Which makes it a MR SE only because you cant get it as an TB MR version.
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A TB MR SE!!! lol Ask any1 who owns them if they have an SE badge on them...
Old Feb 3, 2007, 10:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LI Pinky
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A TB MR SE!!! lol Ask any1 who owns them if they have an SE badge on them...
I know it doesnt have an SE badge, i never said it did. I was talking about the exclusivity about the color to the SE. Its hard to believe it was a mistake by building a car without knowing what it was on the inside. Either way you want to see it fact is fact TB MR only available as SE version ...oops sorry..,i meant w\appearance package.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 10:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by distant_02
I know it doesnt have an SE badge, i never said it did. I was talking about the exclusivity about the color to the SE. Its hard to believe it was a mistake by building a car without knowing what it was on the inside. Either way you want to see it fact is fact TB MR only available as SE version ...oops sorry..,i meant w\appearance package.
This is no secret or anythign any1 who really researches it can find the same thing i did! It was infact a mistake making the TB color in an MR. Obviously the TB evo SE's come in TB thats not the issue. technically the TB Evo IX MR's are not SE's! Like i said Technically and by the book (which mitsu wrote, not me...lol) it is a TB IX MR w/ appearance package. As far as the number of the car made i heard they stopped production at 500...i am sure thats an estimate. But it was not a planned release by mitsu to have a TB IX MR. Obviously if they did they would advertise this to the evo community heavily due to the fact that it is the first time ever! This isn't far fetched or made up...lol I got this right from a mitsu rep. FTW
Old Feb 3, 2007, 10:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LI Pinky
This is no secret or anythign any1 who really researches it can find the same thing i did! It was infact a mistake making the TB color in an MR. Obviously the TB evo SE's come in TB thats not the issue. technically the TB Evo IX MR's are not SE's! Like i said Technically and by the book (which mitsu wrote, not me...lol) it is a TB IX MR w/ appearance package. As far as the number of the car made i heard they stopped production at 500...i am sure thats an estimate. But it was not a planned release by mitsu to have a TB IX MR. Obviously if they did they would advertise this to the evo community heavily due to the fact that it is the first time ever! This isn't far fetched or made up...lol I got this right from a mitsu rep. FTW
Whatever it is makes no difference to me, lol Mine is silver anyway.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 11:06 PM
Evolving Member

My car is an Evo IX MR SE! I don't understand, are you guy's saying that the SE badge makes the difference? My car has everything that's on the SE and a 6 speed, that's an MR SE, plain and simple. A badge means nothing! If you have the SE stuff on your car, it's an SE, BADGE OR NO BADGE! Even if you DON'T have the SE stuff on your car, and you put it on after you buy it, now it's an SE.

Last edited by Rich EVO MR SE; Feb 3, 2007 at 11:13 PM.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 11:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Rich EVO MR SE
My car is an Evo IX MR SE! I don't understand, are you guy's saying that the SE badge makes the difference? My car has everything that's on the SE and a 6 speed, that's an MR SE, plain and simple. A badge means nothing! If you have the SE stuff on your car, it's an SE, BADGE OR NO BADGE! Even if you DON'T have the SE stuff on your car, and you put it on after you buy it, now it's an SE.
lol a badge does matter. Obviously if mistu was gonna call it an evo IX MR SE they would have badged it that way now wouldn't they! lol

Requardless like others have said! It's a beauty fof a vehicle!
Old Feb 3, 2007, 11:20 PM
Evolving Member

Just ordered my badge for $10 off of ebay to make it official.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 11:22 PM
Evolved Member

Just ordered my badge for $10 off of ebay to make it official.
bwhahahahahahah cheater! lol
Old Feb 3, 2007, 11:32 PM

i agree as well that although there is not a badge stating SE, there is such thing as a MR SE... supposebly there were only 500 made in production but not sure that it was a mistake... I'm not sure what colors are available but as far as i know it's tarmac black... what makes it special eddition are the polished BBS wheels, red stitching on the seats, SE lip and zero lift-kit package added on to the MR package... basically every feature mitsu has to offer except the extra sound package... i have a tarmac black IX MR SE and i couldn't ask for a better all around perfect car... IMO the best color to accent all the red colored features like the brembos, taillights, engine bay, and red stitched interior... hope i helped
Old Feb 3, 2007, 11:50 PM
Evolving Member

I think you said it best!! A badge makes no difference, mitsu intended to continue producing them until 500. Just cause it doesnt have a badge doesnt make it any less of what the SE is or not an SE to some. After all its only appearance enhancements!!
Old Feb 4, 2007, 12:38 AM
Evolving Member

Why would you want those cheezy SE badges on your MR anyway? Have you seen the quality of those badges? They look like they fell out of a cereal box. j/k SE fellas! SE means they added HID, aluminum roof, bbs wheels, etc. to a standard IX. Those features were already available with an MR. So I'll have to side with LI Pinky, there is no such thing as an MR SE otherwise it would have also noted it on the sticker.

This describes the Evo SE courtesy of Mitsubishi's web site:

Lancer Evolution IX Special Edition**

You knew that a legend like the current version of the Lancer Evolution wasn't going to end its production run quietly. So, to commemorate this generation of the world-renowned street, track and rally legend, we proudly present the Special Edition. Take one Lancer Evolution IX. Add diamond black finish BBS® wheels. Throw on an aluminum roof panel. Give it a competition-derived front air-dam extension, HID headlamps and built-in foglamps. Finish it off with unique red-stitched leather Recaro® seats and you've got the perfect tribute to one of the world's great performance legacies.

Last edited by savaho; Feb 4, 2007 at 01:00 AM.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 12:43 AM
Evolving Member

A badge DOES make a difference in respect to the value of the vehicle later down line. If you want to be a poseur and put a badge on your car that isn't supposed to be there be my guest. I'm sure a discerning enthusiast will notice the difference. If you want the top-of-the-line evo you'll want the one that came with an MR badge. Not the regular IX that someone slapped an MR badge and vortex on. I think I've seen some of those around here.

Last edited by savaho; Feb 4, 2007 at 12:53 AM.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 01:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by izabran
the TB MR is a limited edition... because it's only available in the SE and even the offical mitsu site has it as a limited edition... as for it being rare... that i'll agree on also... it's been a long time since they released it in that color... i was reading a article from some magazine... and they spoke about it... calling it the Black Knight has returned... most people just go and buy it in GG or RR or WW... i wasn't buying a evo unless i was getting the MR... so when i first saw that there weren't any n black i was going to buy a GG and just have it repainted... but i was online one day and saw a MR in TB... a month later i got all ym money together and went and got it... i don't care what anyone says... the MR in TB is the hottest looking evo out... and i'm just glad i got mine when i did...
I know you don't care what I say but I don't care what you say, the Rally Red MR is the REALEST Evo in the world son.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 01:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoCrazed
i agree as well that although there is not a badge stating SE, there is such thing as a MR SE... supposebly there were only 500 made in production but not sure that it was a mistake... I'm not sure what colors are available but as far as i know it's tarmac black... what makes it special eddition are the polished BBS wheels, red stitching on the seats, SE lip and zero lift-kit package added on to the MR package... basically every feature mitsu has to offer except the extra sound package... i have a tarmac black IX MR SE and i couldn't ask for a better all around perfect car... IMO the best color to accent all the red colored features like the brembos, taillights, engine bay, and red stitched interior... hope i helped
The "regular MR's" come with the zero lift kit also.

Quick Reply: Limited Edition Evo IX MR Tarmac Black