Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

The Freak Evo from SAUDI ARABIA (caution LS1 Inside )

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2007, 01:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not practical but original...
Old Jun 14, 2007, 12:13 AM
Evolving Member

guys i will post the Vid ASAP
Old Jun 14, 2007, 03:42 AM
Evolved Member

bump
Old Jun 14, 2007, 04:37 AM
Evolving Member

That is fantastic! I have owned many, many, many outrageous cars and out of all of them, my boring Cadillac CTS-V with a messaged LS-6 and Corsa exhaust sounded the best, even better than the 355 I had. There is just something about the sound of an American V8, AND the torrque curve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 14, 2007, 05:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sonicnofadz
A bigger turbo will make more power. Is that so hard to understand? A big turbo with variable geometry will have linear spoolup. Is that so hard to understand? In theory, it doesn't matter what displacement you have. A smaller turbo engine can always be modified to produce similar results to the larger naturally aspirated displacement engine. From what I gathered, I thought we were comparing small displacement turbo engines to naturally aspirated large displacement engines. Large displacement turbo engines do indeed provide superior performance, however in the real world they suffer from excessive traction problems and massive reliability problems (can you say shattered drivetrain?). In the end, its all about what the target horsepower level you want, and what kind of power/torque curve you want. If your target is 2000 HP, sure then yes I would choose a variable turbine turbo V8. Wait a second, who the hell needs 2000 hp? Maybe an alcohol powered rail car dragster. When your target horsepower level becomes a little more realistic, say around 1000 HP, there becomes less and less need for a large displacement engine to do the job. A large displacement engine should also be avoided for these reasons:

1.) Cost
2.) Complexity
3.) Center of gravity (V8's usually have a much higher center of gravity than inline four cylinders)

For low power (realistic) levels, a small displacement engine can easily be made to to perform well with modern forced induction technology while also keeping the cost, complexity, and center of gravity DOWN. A high tech, lightweight, small displacement engine to me has a distinct advantage on a race track versus their higher displacement V-configuration counter parts. Displacement IS still an advantage (since it will always allow better power curve and a higher theoretical power output), but it definitely does not come without its disadvantages.

Different strokes for different folks.
The LS7 has 385lbs of tourque at 1600 rpms, is there a 2 liter out there that can do that. (Although I did mention a corvette engine )
Old Jun 14, 2007, 06:41 AM
Evolving Member

and fure sure the ls7 would drob in there too
Old Jun 14, 2007, 08:33 AM

wild...

kinda defeats the purpose of an awd rally car. but cool non the less
Old Jun 14, 2007, 08:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bmfgsxr
thumbs up for ingenuity without a doubt.. although imo, and evo isnt an evo without the 4g63.

So...... I guess the the Evo X is not an Evo then..........
Old Jun 14, 2007, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by adamhw
Different strokes for different folks.
The LS7 has 385lbs of tourque at 1600 rpms, is there a 2 liter out there that can do that. (Although I did mention a corvette engine )
Agreed. Finally...someone that know's the benefits of the LS1's power curve. I wish that my evo and suby had the torque curve of a LS1. When I drive vette's, I really appreciate the way that you can have almost instantaneous power at low rpms... these are things that road course drivers appreciate... which is why most road racers prefer NA motors over turbo engines.

I almost did this swap on my old BMW M Coupe... then I sold the thing for an Evo. I like what the guy did here. The Evo isn't a rare collectors item per se... it's a relatively average priced performance vehicle that's usually modified anyway by 95% of it's owners. You don't see guy's griping about suspension swaps do you. "I'm a Bilstein die hard... putting Ohlins on an Evo is blastfemous!" He he.

If this guy can mate something like a GMC Typhoon awd tranny to this LS1, this thing will be pretty sweet. It may not be a techno whiz bang like an R34 or Evo X, but it will still rock none the less when it gets completed.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 03:02 PM
Evolving Member

Hey, can you edit the original post to colaborate all of the pictures?

Searching through 12 pages is alibit much.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 05:12 PM

Freak or not...

This is the ultimate stroker and you have to admit!!!
Old Jun 14, 2007, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 05evoGSR
not practical but original...
whoa, someone is a avril fan..
Old Jun 14, 2007, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts
I bet the weight distribution isnt all that bad. The transmission is off the front end now. It might be a V8 but its an alloy block (or could be if push came to shove) with alloy heads. I am thinking overall the front weight could be really close to 4G63'd Evo.
Old Jun 15, 2007, 10:01 AM
Evolving Member

its an aluminum block and it seams lighter than the stock 4g63 because the front coilover is at the lowest and still there is 2" finder gap .
Old Jun 15, 2007, 04:16 PM
Account Disabled

If you can't put an Evo AWD system, just leave it rear wheel drive. I'm pretty sure an AWD system from some truck will cause it to handle worse. With rear wheel drive it's possible that it can handle better than stock with a properly calibrated suspension system.

Quick Reply: The Freak Evo from SAUDI ARABIA (caution LS1 Inside )