Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

The Freak Evo from SAUDI ARABIA (caution LS1 Inside )

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2007, 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aalzuhair
Personally I only had one incident with cops, where he pulled me over because my Evo was too loud (I have JIC exhaust without a resonator), I told him the car is stock that way … well I was stretching the truth a bit since I bought the car from a friend and it already had the exhaust ... so to me, it was stock ... hehehe

Generally cops are cops whereever you go, they are just doing their job ... when they find you to be a bit older, they tend to be a bit lenient.

One time we where (a group of about 10~15 guys) in a far, far place .. hehehe … its where we go to race Anyway it was about four in the afternoon a cop came and he was asking questions, what are you doing here, etc, ect ..

So one of the guys told straight-out, we came here to race these cars .. so the cop gave him a funny look and then started asking about the cars and how much WHP (mind you wheel HP and not just HP) each one was making and why the hell there was an 90’s Mustang with slicks on a trailer .. hehehe … Anyway, he hanged around, watched a few races and then was on his way …

Az

PS: Next time you’re here, I’m sure we will go out to the far, far place to race
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpPPpv9BVc8
Old Jun 12, 2007, 10:46 AM
Evolving Member

DBPerformance, who was the shop that Rau dynoed at, just tuned a twin turbo stang and it made a lazy 890HP on friggin pump gas! 11psi and had to shut down at 5500 because the stock ignition was blowing out.

Once they fix the ignition they will try again for a full pull to 7,000 rpm and 15 psi, shooting for 1100 on pump on the dyno dynamics.

Great Shop.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

I love the 4g63 for what it is... its funny to swap it out of an engine being its such a great motor, but ultimately the LSX is the ultimate tuning block...i.e. Le Mans domination, fastest standing mile, fastest street legal street car, fastest 0-100-0 etc... the engine is involved in many of the worlds fastest vehicles and the best part, it doesnt need expensive high octane fuel to make power.

Originally Posted by Vigo
Forced induction and technology is not a replacement for displacement. It's a crutch for a low displacement motor that does not have enough displacement to produce power and torque in a naturally aspirated form.

It's a fact that a higher displacement motor with forced induction has higher potential for top end power, because it will have the ability to spool a bigger turbo compared to a smaller engine. Add in some technology into the equation with big displacement and forced induction you will have even more power.

With more displacement you will have more power and torque all throughout the power band. Everybody should know and agree to that, unless you are stupid.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 11:08 AM

mashallah AZ...you know abdul1 the other day told me about and i said '' bullsh1t'' they can't do it...and gusse what you did it already.....good jop....

*** for the AWD thing .....belive me guys they WILL do it.... i know that 4 shour....

keep the great work...and when ever my S14 arrive and done with the swap....why not we just go and race in the ''far far place'' and see how will win ...

P.S DAMN THIS THREAD IS 9 PAGE'S NOW......9 PAGE'S IN ONE DAY.....DAMN

good work guys.....

Kind Regards,

Ali
Old Jun 12, 2007, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rickdanger27
thats were all my gass money goes
Old Jun 12, 2007, 11:13 AM

^^^^^
Old Jun 12, 2007, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

That looks pretty cool. It will pretty wild if/when they can get the awd working. Definately post some vids.

As far as you guys that are like "That's stupid" or "It's a waste" - Grow up. If you don't understand why someone is doing something or don't see the point, stay out of the thread. The OP is showing THE PEOPLE THAT ARE INTERESTED in the swap what is being done.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

were's the vid??????
Old Jun 12, 2007, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
replacement for displacement

One thing I don’t see is, what context does this term relate to? Most of the time..
It’s about v8's going down the 1/4 or street racing. as far as I know...not one import OR domestic automobile manufacturer makes a car for a single purpose.

so, while many v8 muscle heads rely on this old term..It is in the very sense of the design of the vehicle not equal to the whole of the car. I watched a 300hp Rx7 beat out a 600 hp GT-R on monster touge. also, in Japan the Evo is the fastest..beating out all others..including GT-R. And over here the ls7 vette got spanked by a car that has a 2.0 DOHC 180 hp engine ( a little car called lotus )
on all tests.

so, I guess a TRUE performance car is about TOTAL BALANCE. to me ..the replacement phrase means that the person that is saying it...is just regurgitating
what he heard from somebody else...and that’s about it.

Old Jun 12, 2007, 12:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chuntington101
well i think its a great swap! just want to know what 4WD systme he is using??? is it out a truck???

GarageRM, seen that skyline somehwere else and it is simple amaxzing! and the GenTT twin turbo kit is outstanding to! the ozy's really know how to get power out of these LS1s! lol

so come on we neeeeeddddddddd more pics!

Chris.
Yeah chris the car made the cover of "High Performance Imports" Magazine No 79. It's a Rear Drive Drift Car By the way..
here's is the only other Pic I could find online. and here's the link to the Info for the car.. http://www.gtautosound.com/gallery/d...lbum=101&pos=0

Old Jun 12, 2007, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

That's is definitely unique, but a waste at the same time.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EV06MR
That looks pretty cool. It will pretty wild if/when they can get the awd working. Definately post some vids.

As far as you guys that are like "That's stupid" or "It's a waste" - Grow up. If you don't understand why someone is doing something or don't see the point, stay out of the thread. The OP is showing THE PEOPLE THAT ARE INTERESTED in the swap what is being done.
Who made you the thread police? Because it sure as hell wasn't me. People are expressing their opinion on this topic and last time I checked that is one of the purposes of this site. If people are saying "that's stupid" or "it's a waste of time" without providing some insight on why they are saying that then why don't you intelligently ask them why they think that and then you can educate them instead of trying to belittle them and making yourself look like a jerk. Sorry for being off topic, but I had to blow off a little steam.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 01:44 PM

subscribe for vid
Old Jun 12, 2007, 03:43 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by honda-guy
most Pro 4 cylinder running high 7's are making in excess of 1500 hp.

here's Norwood Racing Max4 4000 hp 4 cylinder. http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/02...nycar_integra/

that's true, but you can also add boost to any type of motor you will gain more power. or more nitrous = more power. or more technology = more power.
a formula1 engine can make 900 hp from a 3 liter v10 normal aspirated shows that you don't need displacement to make hp.

one guy builds a 8L NA v8 making 600hp, another guy can build a 8.5L NA v8 making 650 hp or he can just put a supercharge on the same 8L v8 and make 800 hp, then he just replace displacement with force induction.

the statement "no replacement for displacement" is only true if you include "with all else being equal".

but then you can say the same for anything else. "with all else being equal, more boost equal more power". or "with all else being equal, a lighter car will be faster".

back to the original post, i highly doubt the car could ever be awd unless he can fit two electric motor at the hub on each front wheel.
I agree with everything you said. Yes, my argument was based around the logic "with all else being equal".I should of put that statement in my post.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Vigo
Forced induction and technology is not a replacement for displacement. It's a crutch for a low displacement motor that does not have enough displacement to produce power and torque in a naturally aspirated form.

It's a fact that a higher displacement motor with forced induction has higher potential for top end power, because it will have the ability to spool a bigger turbo compared to a smaller engine. Add in some technology into the equation with big displacement and forced induction you will have even more power.

With more displacement you will have more power and torque all throughout the power band. Everybody should know and agree to that, unless you are stupid.
I'm really suprised Vigo hasn't been banned with the amount of ignorant and offensive posts he creates on a daily basis. Anyways, Vigo, actually you are wrong =) There is a replacement for displacement (well sort of). Garrett/Honeywell makes it, its called Variable Nozzle Turbine (variable geometry turbine). Its Ok, you'll get over it. Variable geometry turbo's allow small displacement engines (like the 4G63) to spoolup huge turbo's in linear fashion, without compromising the topend power capability of the turbo. The resulting power and torque curves are very similar to large displacement engines (i.e. V6's & V8's) with the only difference being that the smaller engine will of course be making more power per volume of displacement, which could cause reliability issues.

BTW:
There is no way in hell the factory AWD drivetrain will bolt to the LS1. Its not going to happen, sorry.

Last edited by sonicnofadz; Jun 12, 2007 at 04:30 PM.

Quick Reply: The Freak Evo from SAUDI ARABIA (caution LS1 Inside )