Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

ABS/Anti Lock and ACD on

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2007, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ABS/Anti Lock and ACD on

In the last week it got colder her in Sacramento, so the 1st day it got colder the Anti Lock came one dose not go off when its cold ( about -/+ 60f ) and the ACD lights are also on, its been 80 - 100 in the past couple of months here in Sac. The 1st day when it came on it went of later in the Day when it got warmer ( -/+ 80 or 70 f ) but its been cold last couple of days so it does not go off, and it also started to rain, so locking up all 4 is fun for about 3 sec, then it gets dangerous.

Just curios if anyone has any Ideas what can be causing this problem? So far my best guess maybe a loose connection? maybe not...

So far I took out all the 4 ABS sensors and cleaned them, made sure all the fluids are toped off. Made sure there are no Air bubbles in the brake lines, and also it does not seem like there is any air bubbles in the ACD, ( went under the car and loosened up the bleed nipple and it looked to be dripping fine with out any bubbles ) and finally took off the battery terminals for a few minutes... and still no change.
when I start the car the Anti Lock is on the hole time, it never blinks, but the all the ACD lights come on after a second or two, some time 3.

The next thing I can think of is getting a diagnostic done to see what the fault code is, does anyone know what kind of a diagnostic tool one will need to see the fault code.
Is there anything else I can do?
Is there a problem with the ABS or the ACD?

( its Salvaged so everything was unplugged and plugged back in, all the fluids were drained and re-filled, but its been working with out a problem for the past 4 to 5 months )

Thank you All!
Old Sep 24, 2007, 08:07 PM

If it helps anyone, it was the G-Sensor, it had a loose connection, don't even know how it worked for 4 months with out any problems, but it was not clicked in all the way... ...click... Problems fixed....
Old Sep 24, 2007, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

where is it located?
Old Sep 24, 2007, 09:01 PM

Under the cup holders, Between the front seats, very easy to get to.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 04:49 PM
Evolving Member

i had the same mabye 2 times before.

if the abs and acd 3 light on after 3 sec.

mostly it is a faulty wheel speed sensor.

if the acd pump or g sensor is the problem only the acd 3 lights will go on and most probably the abs will continue to work normally, i mean the abs light will not go on and you can feel the abs working normally.