Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Clutch time...boooo

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2007, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok just looked and ATS is a little to much for my price range....anyone know any other clutches that can do and handle what i previously stated and last thatwill cost at most 700
Old Dec 1, 2007, 09:41 AM

I am using the RPS Turbo Max for a long time with great success so far, 20k with launches, and is reasonably priced. All I did with my flywheel is resurface it and have had no problems as well. Check www.injectedperformance.com, ask for Marty.
Research here
http://www.turboclutch.com/max_mitsu.html
Old Dec 1, 2007, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are a few vendors that are doing clutch/flywheel packages for around your budget. U should do it since you'll be in there doing the clutch anyway and most shops don't charge additionally for the flywheel install
Old Dec 2, 2007, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Tons of people on here with ACT without problems,you can get lockout on any single disc clutch.

FWIW I've always changed the flywheel on my cars when doing the clutch. The stock one is light but the Gruppe-S, RRE or ACT Prolight are nice upgrades from the stock unit as well. Goodluck on your choice.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 04:26 PM

I have the ACT EVO HDSS - Heavy Duty with Street Disc Clutch Kits and I have No problems with it. Before the ACT I had the Clutch Master, I didn't like it. I also have a ACT EVO Pro Lite Flywheels, the only problem I have with that is the weight. the pro lite is too light for a DD. if you are from SF or Seattle downtown, you might want to think twice because stop and go hill traffic is not nice with lite clutch. But the spool up with the lite flywheel is unreal. is good and bad, I personnally love it.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Excedy twin plate an overkill? Expensive, but I haven't heard nearly as many bad things about it as opposed to the ACT. I'm at 23K on my stocker and I just baby her because I can't afford to replace. Need to save up for something that won't stab me in the back at high revs.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 07:49 PM
Evolving Member

Well I 'am in the same boat and need to replace my clutch as well... I read through that long thread about what can happen with the ACT Clutch combo's... But At the end, any single clutch can give you lovk out at high rpms..

I plan on going with the RPS MAX Clutch and ACT Streetlite Flywheel, only have around 310whp and 12,000miles on my IX... Previous owner went a little Drag Happy
Old Dec 27, 2007, 07:53 PM

I had a RPS clutch on my last car and they are top quality, however I have not heard many reviews for the evos. The ACT twin carbon is supposed to be awesome, along with the Exedy twin hd. Im trying to decide between these two for the near future. But i would definitely get a lighter flywheel, they make the cars much more responsive and fun to to drive IMO.

Last edited by modena4re; Dec 27, 2007 at 07:56 PM.