Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

RPM Jump

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2007, 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For me it seems the that it's throttle body. I will try cleaning it out, or just take it to the repair shop to look at
Old Dec 7, 2007, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know absolutely nothing about working on cars, but I had a friend assist me. Here is how I cleaned it.

Remove the strut bar, UICP from the intake manifold.

With a small pick...aka Awe (spelling) remove the gold ring that goes around the Throttle sensor. It sorts of pops up and disconnect throttle sensor.

There will be coolant lines attaching to the throttle body, pull them off, but becareful it could get messy. I plugged them with the strut bolts so it wouldnt leak everywhere.

Unbolt throttle body, becare not to break or bend that flimsy gasket

Spray with throttle body cleaner. Mine looked great on the UICP side but the back was black as night. I did about 5-6 sprays and let it dry. Be careful not to damage the Idle Screw on the TB.

Then work backwords putting everything back together. Mine threw a code for the throttle sensor, had it erased and made sure it was connected properly. Code never came back.

Took about 3 hours total. about half of the was spent on waiting for it to dry and goofing off.