Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Wrecked the car

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2007, 12:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car insurance is based on car crashes which is greatly affected by the car you drive as speed is the leading cause of vehicle accidents. So with this being said grillpt, the reason your car insurance is higher is because you bought an Evo :P
Old Dec 27, 2007, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CPA5
How in the heck is that going to cost you any money.....for the last year I've owned the evo I've seen countless evo wrecks and even people dying....and not once did my insurance company say...."oh now that these other people have damaged their cars your insurance is gonna go up"

Whatever insurance co. you have must be as ridiculous as you
I concur with this. I have yet to see my insurance rates go up after untold number of Evos being totalled. Mine has never waivered and if anything goes down.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Chemwarrior
I concur with this. I have yet to see my insurance rates go up after untold number of Evos being totalled. Mine has never waivered and if anything goes down.
I agree....my rates every six months have gone down since I've had the evo....then again I'm alomost 30 yrs old and I drive normal....not like a crazed kid...so I have no accidents and no tickets.....................now watch I'll get nabbed for a ticket today just because I'm mouthing off
Old Dec 27, 2007, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

Evo owners here just too concern about their insurance costs

u see cars got wrecked here, dosent mean ur neighbourhood camry dosent crashes 3 times in a month. Its all mental.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Moron, looks like you were using summer tires....go figure

but good luck anywayz
Old Dec 27, 2007, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by grillpt
No, people do stupid stuff that cost the rest of us $$$$. Not to mention the fact that he clearly knew better...
Old Dec 27, 2007, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

sorry for ure loss, good luck on the next choice
Old Dec 27, 2007, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

To the untrained eye, his car may not look totaled. However, Evos aren't cheap to fix. The damages definitely exceed the fair market value of the car. In a word, totaled.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Don't feel TOO bad. My car was parked and was hit by a drunk driver. Just adding parts together it came out to almost 21,000 NOT including Labor.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i haven't read all four pages but whoever is saying thats not totalled is crazy. that car would be at LEAST $30,000 parts and labor and bodywork just to get back to newish. i mean, the roof is buckled. that means serious body work and straigtening. i would cut my losses if i were you and just invest in another vehicle.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by heavens turbo
i haven't read all four pages but whoever is saying thats not totalled is crazy. that car would be at LEAST $30,000 parts and labor and bodywork just to get back to newish. i mean, the roof is buckled. that means serious body work and straigtening. i would cut my losses if i were you and just invest in another vehicle.
Doubt that. My car was in WAY worse shape.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

and my insurance is still $110 a month for all you worried about insurance rates. i think they just rape the noobs and teens. LOL.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by staatz
Doubt that. My car was in WAY worse shape.
you're kidding me right? if you lift the car on a rack and look under the car, i bet you the subframe and the unibody have sustained heavy damage. not to mention all the mounts, exhaust system, suspension and other various items that would have to be replaced just under the car. now you look at the body and you have quarter panels, front and rear fascias, fenders, skirts, and paint. and then, THE ROOF IS BUCKLED! we can only see the pictures and i bet it looks alot worse in person. and theres a hole in the friggin tranny. (nice clutch by the way). and hopefully he didn't hit the oil cooler, intercooler , rack and pinion, or anything else under the car. and i did'nt include labor. and i hope it's an EVO lancer you're riding cause of course a regular lancer would be cheaper to fix.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 09:02 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hope you are OK. Is that a hole in the bell housing?

Definitely did manage to screw it up all around, I would guess it might look nice in the future but I don't think it will handle the same if you decide to fix it. Best of luck!
Old Dec 28, 2007, 12:05 AM
Evolving Member

heavens turbo--- i agree with u completely. theres a lot of damage under the car.just to name a few, all suspension, tranny, t-case needs to be replaced and the crossmember is twisted not to mention the lower control arm on the left.

fostytou--- no m not looking to fix the car. the insurance guys are picking it up tommorow.