Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Dealer raped me!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2009, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well i only need it to get the cel off, the stock BCS just needs to be plugged in. but since i don't have one i was told i could just put a resistor in it. but i guess i'll just buy the stock BCS and cap it off. i didn't really wanna spend that much just so it's there and not even using it.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cfdfireman1
a flat tire rolls to.
and is also not covered under warranty....

anyway, what are you complaining about, you got the car for 12k. you should've known something was not right with that car
Old Jul 13, 2009, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by evo267
those codes you just stated is the exact same codes I originally pulled with the snap on modus scanner. I'm not a diagnostic person so I took it to the dealer thinking my warranty would pay for the diagnostic. they told me I need to replace both o2 sensor and get a new wastegate solenoid because it was missing. but I'm not sure where the wastegate solenoid is and they originally said it was the boost control solenoid because the previous owner put a MBC in it and i assummed they took out the stock BCS as well.

yea I might not have gotten ripped off as badly as the guy above with the transmission =\ but either way they only did something that I already knew. do any of you know the part numbers for the parts that I would need to go and fix this issue? thanks
Before replacing the O2 sensors, find out why they are overvolting. If you just replace the sensors, that new sensor might be overvolted and become the same as the first one. Warranty on O2 sensors though might save you on this one if you bought it at a store like Advanced Auto or so.

As for the boost control solenoid, I currently had to order a new one because of overboosting problems as I finally found where my solenoid was and the clips were broken off so no vacuum holes to them. I might also be throwing the P0243 code because I removed my solenoid but I haven't checked it recently. Once I get it, I would have to hook it up to the wastegate lines and to the intake. This diagram should be underneath your hood too.

The boost solenoid you should look at is the one in the lower right hand side. Just connect the vacuum lines like that and it should be OK.

Edit:
If I was you, I would grab a boost gauge just in case. It was the only way I found out that I was boosting to 30psi, which is completely dangerous to run at. I would also take it easy on the driving. If you can't really help yourself, connect the wastegate and turbo together on one line and you should only be boosting at 12psi, which shouldn't harm anything.

Last edited by Piro Fyre; Jul 13, 2009 at 09:45 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 10:00 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by evo267
those codes you just stated is the exact same codes I originally pulled with the snap on modus scanner. I'm not a diagnostic person so I took it to the dealer thinking my warranty would pay for the diagnostic. they told me I need to replace both o2 sensor and get a new wastegate solenoid because it was missing. but I'm not sure where the wastegate solenoid is and they originally said it was the boost control solenoid because the previous owner put a MBC in it and i assummed they took out the stock BCS as well.

yea I might not have gotten ripped off as badly as the guy above with the transmission =\ but either way they only did something that I already knew. do any of you know the part numbers for the parts that I would need to go and fix this issue? thanks
A wastegate solenoid or Boost control solenoid is the same thing.

So you bought a car with the BCS missing and the rear O2 likely sensing no cat. These are things you should have researched and taken care of yourself.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TurboJuice
You need to learn how to argue.
Old Jul 14, 2009, 12:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kenikh
Didn't honor the 30 day full warranty? Repeat after me : A-T-T-O-R-N-E-Y. Pay the atttorney to draft a letter and serve it to the GM of the dealership and the dealer's owner, with a copy sent to the local news station's "Scam Busters" (every station has something like that). They'll fix it.
+1 there are just some points where you have to put your foot down and not budge. a lot of problems i see here on evom are user-based, but if you really did nothing to the car you would be crazy to not fight it further..
Old Jul 21, 2009, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

+1 to "Learn to Argue"

Note: It is illegal for a dealership to sell a vehicle without a catalytic converter. Just FYI. Thats one for grounds of returning the Evo.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by AznEvoIX
+1 to "Learn to Argue"

Note: It is illegal for a dealership to sell a vehicle without a catalytic converter. Just FYI. Thats one for grounds of returning the Evo.
x2 haha I didn't even realize you had no cat...... no cat = no emmisions pass

for the o2, the resistor is very simple, it "matches" the resistance of the 02 sensor and you can flash to deactivate it to give no codes....search for it, popular simple mod for no cat exhausts.