Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

talk me out of trading my EVO for e46 M3

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2010, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You probably shouldn't. However, if you decide to go for it anyway, at least peel off those eyelids he put on the headlights. Ugh, so tacky.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

Deff do it M's are too sexi to pass up
Old Jan 2, 2010, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

it's hard to talk you out of trading if we don't know why you're trading.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 10:50 PM

if you get rid of the evo you won't have any reason to visit this forum (which kicks ****). So, keep the evo.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mattv
if you get rid of the evo you won't have any reason to visit this forum (which kicks ****). So, keep the evo.
bimmer forums has some very interesting members and topics he wont be missing much
Old Jan 3, 2010, 08:21 PM
Evolving Member

Don't do it to yourself man..
Old Jan 3, 2010, 08:38 PM
Evolving Member

Lightbulb

I would buy e46 M3 then trade it with your car
Old Jan 3, 2010, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
I was about to jump in here and say DO IT until I saw that your evo's in such good condition...

I wouldn't do it unless you were getting an e92 m3. I could seriously take E46's when I was stock. If you're looking for driving experience pick up an old s2k for like 12g
Old Jan 3, 2010, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
it's nice. i used to like bmws until i became a mechanic. if you do trade though, make sure to look underneath to make sure it is leaking oil. cause everyone knows, it's not a true bmw unless it is leaking oil.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 09:02 PM
Evolving Member

m3 will be expensive to maintain and mod. plus its useless in snow.... i wouldnt do it
Old Jan 3, 2010, 09:08 PM
Evolving Member

keep your evo !!
Old Jan 3, 2010, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That M3 is sick!!! But In my honest opinion dude i would keep the EVO. Your EVO is modded, clean, and looks sick i love WW. BMWs get really expensive to maintain and mod trust me i work at a BMW dealership. I owned E46 M3s over some time and they dont compare to the EVO. U will miss the Evo dont do it. Evo FTW
Old Jan 3, 2010, 09:38 PM

Dude, not totally sure of the reason you are thinking of trading it, but just maybe it was for the same reason i traded my Evo and bought a M3. Well, long story short, as my profile says, I have sold the M3 and now looking for another 06 Evo IX. If you think you are gonna have more fun driving the M, your wrong. The M was so sluggish and heavy, that all i did was long to be back in the Evo. If you trading because of looks, cant lie there, the M is a killer. You first have to determine what it is you are looking for out of a car, then your decision becomes that much easier. My opinion, keep the Evo, regrets are mighty hard to live with, just check my post and see. Good luck!!!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...m-i-crazy.html
Old Jan 3, 2010, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

it is going to be hard to get a fair opinion from a bunch of people that own evos when it comes to deciding whether or not you should buy a Bimmer. As I am sure the BMW guys you are talking to are listing reasons you should sell the evo and get the M3. I will try to give you an unbiased opinion but it will be hard because it depends on your future plans and driving style.

I came to the evo from the Audi tuning scene. During this time I also worked at a BMW dealership. The M3 is an absolutely stunning car. Great lines, smooth shifter, easy clutch, handles well, and relatively fast. It gives off an entirely different persona. People will look at you as a successful businessman that enjoys nice automobiles. When I had my modded Audi, I would get compliments from kids, adults, and business professionals alike. None of the punk kid street racer comments. You will get less attention from people in general, kids trying to race, police etc.

Problem is, as others have said, once you begin modding or simply maintaining the M3, its going to cost you an arm and a leg. If you have the money, then that is not a problem. It just costs way more to make adequate power (turbo/SC).

With the evo, as you know, you get the benefit of 4 doors, AWD, a turbo from the factory, and a seemingly endless supply of aftermarket parts and companies to make the evo faster than the M3 could possible for a fraction of the cost. You can drive the Evo year round and tear up the snow, AutoX, open track, and Time Attack races.

It all depends on the uses of the car. You will definitely enter into a different, more "up-scale" scene. Its all about priorities. If the evo just isnt doing it for you now, then move on to the M3. You can also save your current parts if you decide to come back into the evo scene. People change cars for a variety of reasons all the time. One of the biggest benefits is the Bimmer will hold its value better, allowing you do sell in the future and go whichever path you want at that moment.

Sorry for such a long post, and not a finalized opinion. It just comes down to what you want. Since your already heavily modified, if your even considering trading the Evo in, that says something itself. Go drive the cars back to back and see which one leaves the biggest smile on your face, and theres your answer.

Regardless, gl with whichever route you choose, either way your going to have a great ride. Post pics up either way!
Old Jan 4, 2010, 06:23 AM
Evolving Member

i'd get the m3

Quick Reply: talk me out of trading my EVO for e46 M3