Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Theft recovery EVO GG IX MR

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2010, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow that sucks I'm not sure how much you got for the car or how much you bought it back for but I'm sure it was a good deal. I know when my bike was considered totaled I bought it back for 1200 and it was only cosmetics fairing damage and very slight rear damage (no dents or broken plastic). Anyway this is a great chance for you to turn your car into a beast, either track or street sleeper beast. You should decide what goal you want to set for your car and then make the move, plan everything out; Turbo, tubing, fmic etc... making sure you don't dip into your own pocket to get the car where you want. Then get it tuned and become a track, street, whatever beast.

This is really the best of both worlds. You car was mint and I'm sure oh so sweet but you really have a diamond in the rough in your hands. Good luck keep us update with pics. Was there any damage to the car or did they part it out pretty neatly? Also how was it stolen from your garage?
Old Mar 26, 2010, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by phishy
Wow that sucks I'm not sure how much you got for the car or how much you bought it back for but I'm sure it was a good deal. I know when my bike was considered totaled I bought it back for 1200 and it was only cosmetics fairing damage and very slight rear damage (no dents or broken plastic). Anyway this is a great chance for you to turn your car into a beast, either track or street sleeper beast. You should decide what goal you want to set for your car and then make the move, plan everything out; Turbo, tubing, fmic etc... making sure you don't dip into your own pocket to get the car where you want. Then get it tuned and become a track, street, whatever beast.

This is really the best of both worlds. You car was mint and I'm sure oh so sweet but you really have a diamond in the rough in your hands. Good luck keep us update with pics. Was there any damage to the car or did they part it out pretty neatly? Also how was it stolen from your garage?
Its going to be tough for me to plan everything out, i'm working in Cali on a project for my job, and I dont know much about car mechanics. The car wasnt stolen, they knew I was out of town so they sat in my garage and stripped it, and left that little note. My car was never actually moved.

To be honest with the amount of time they had to strip my car, they had to be morons for leaving as much as they did. I mean they took my tail lights but left my head lights? They took my calipers but left the rotors? They took the front seats and left the back seat? Took the turbo but left the intercooler? Tried to take my struts but just ended up ruining the one. It couldve been a lot worse and yeah the car was only "totaled" because the estimate was calling for 11k for some of the factory parts...pretty ridiculous!!

I wish I had the knowledge on how to plan out building a beast but unfortunately I only know how to drive cars...not build them >=\
Old Mar 26, 2010, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by kdubb03
that makes me sick too seeing that esp. w/ their note on your window....good luck w/ everything. do you happen know how they were able to steal it? did u have an alarm or anything? i'm currently looking into anti-theft solutions.
The note makes me so angry...I think if I found the guys id empty the clip, I dont think ive ever been this angry...I almost feel like someone in my family was raped. I feel if my car could talk it would tell me it hates me.

I didnt have an alarm system in the car. I live in the middle of no where PA. I mean most of my neighbors are amish. I felt my car was safe locked away in my garage. I'm filled with a ton of regret.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 08:01 PM
Evolving Member

put a hidden camera in your garage before you start to build it again
Old Mar 26, 2010, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

that sucks man did they find the thieves
Old Mar 26, 2010, 08:09 PM
Evolving Member

So was this all in one night or were you gone for the night or something? It sounds like they knew you pretty well and really wanted to destroy you and they most know the evo if they take the good parts so im guessing they either have one or no a $*** load about cars... but it seems like it would take a while to take the turbo and hood and trunk and seats and alot of that stuff! I wouldnt turn your back and dont trust anyone! i bet it is the last person you suspect! I just know it!

Edit- ^ same opinion here.... put a camera up cause if they are stupid to do it once they are dumb enough to do it 2 times and you'll catch them next time and even if they wont! you will still have a good feeling always!
Old Mar 26, 2010, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by 06GraphiteEvoIX
So was this all in one night or were you gone for the night or something? It sounds like they knew you pretty well and really wanted to destroy you and they most know the evo if they take the good parts so im guessing they either have one or no a $*** load about cars... but it seems like it would take a while to take the turbo and hood and trunk and seats and alot of that stuff! I wouldnt turn your back and dont trust anyone! i bet it is the last person you suspect! I just know it!

Edit- ^ same opinion here.... put a camera up cause if they are stupid to do it once they are dumb enough to do it 2 times and you'll catch them next time and even if they wont! you will still have a good feeling always!

Yeah its already all set up. I have a camera system installed monitoring my whole house. I also have the neighbors set up to call the cops no matter what and i'll deal with any false alarms myself. I really hope they come back to try and finish the job, because if I catch them i'll bury them.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 10:15 PM
Evolving Member

damn this pisses me off...damn thieves.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm pissed for you. The message on the window would make me furious.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 09:24 AM

So they pretty much dismantled your car and left no prints? What about the cops?
Old Mar 27, 2010, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, I am at a loss for words over what was done to your car. Add in the note they left......just, wow. All I have to say is keep you head up man, and karma is a biotch! It will come back to them in spades....
Old Mar 27, 2010, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
This..

Originally Posted by Remixx02
I'm pissed for you. The message on the window would make me furious.
And this..

Originally Posted by fromxtor
So they pretty much dismantled your car and left no prints? What about the cops?
Old Mar 27, 2010, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hxc chris
Its going to be tough for me to plan everything out, i'm working in Cali on a project for my job, and I dont know much about car mechanics. The car wasnt stolen, they knew I was out of town so they sat in my garage and stripped it, and left that little note. My car was never actually moved.

To be honest with the amount of time they had to strip my car, they had to be morons for leaving as much as they did. I mean they took my tail lights but left my head lights? They took my calipers but left the rotors? They took the front seats and left the back seat? Took the turbo but left the intercooler? Tried to take my struts but just ended up ruining the one. It couldve been a lot worse and yeah the car was only "totaled" because the estimate was calling for 11k for some of the factory parts...pretty ridiculous!!

I wish I had the knowledge on how to plan out building a beast but unfortunately I only know how to drive cars...not build them >=\
I'm with you I'm not mechanic savy @ all, I spent 2 hours doing a radio relocation kit lol. What I meant by planning everything out was narrow down your parts (if any, ie: deciding which downpipe, turbo to go with between 2 brands) and decide between which parts you want. Once you've collected enough info and created a listed of parts go ahead make the order wait for everything to come in then take it to a shop and get them on. More so what I meant by planning was ask around on the boards or just read some post regarding the parts you'd like then make the purchases all at once so your parts come around the same time.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 12:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fromxtor
This ^
Old Mar 27, 2010, 04:11 PM

The cops are still investigating, they havent given us any info at all about the investigation. I dont think they want me involved at all.

Quick Reply: Theft recovery EVO GG IX MR