Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Theft recovery EVO GG IX MR

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2010, 04:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMO dont post any more things in the forums....cause I bet they are reading the forums themselves, so let everyone type their own opinions but yourselve dont type anything, or what are you buying.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 04:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by theboricua
IMO dont post any more things in the forums....cause I bet they are reading the forums themselves, so let everyone type their own opinions but yourselve dont type anything, or what are you buying.
smartest thing I've heard all day. And remember most evo theives are on this forum watching . . . waiting . .
Old Mar 27, 2010, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow man I really feel for you bro! Seeing that note myself makes me super angry and it wasn't even my car nor do I even have any idea of who you are. Whoever did this deserves to have their toe nails pulled out, pins stuck in their eyeballs, everyone of their bones broken and then doused with gas, set on fire, and beaten mercilessly with every part they stole!!!

BTW good luck with the build. At this point I would just go all out aftermarket and build a beast like some of the other guys suggested.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by theboricua

Yeah thats true, but i'm going to need a lot of help from these forums so its kind've a catch 22. If the thieves are lurking this forum then hopefully they slip up some where a long the lines.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Ian0611
Wow man I really feel for you bro! Seeing that note myself makes me super angry and it wasn't even my car nor do I even have any idea of who you are. Whoever did this deserves to have their toe nails pulled out, pins stuck in their eyeballs, everyone of their bones broken and then doused with gas, set on fire, and beaten mercilessly with every part they stole!!!

BTW good luck with the build. At this point I would just go all out aftermarket and build a beast like some of the other guys suggested.

You definitely seem to understand what i'm going through. I'm beyond angry...every day at work I carefully plan out in my head what I would do to these mf'ers if I ever caught them.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 12:03 AM
Evolved Member

Chester county? I feel your pain. I feel bad every time I drive past that place on i95. I can already make a guess on who took jacked your stuff. Anyways goodluck on getting your parts back. I'm very close to your area so let me know if you need any help, I have a few stock parts laying around and a hood that would work for you so let me know if you need help!

Carson
Old Mar 28, 2010, 12:52 AM
Evolved Member

much like carson said, sorry to hear about this. these types of people make me sick. it is best to use a body shop you know personally so there is some flexibility on what parts you can get. either go completely stock or upgrade. the re-sale value is already in the tanker, so you might as well upgrade.

i too am in the chester/philly burbs area. i think i have some stock parts laying around (def RSB, springs, brakes etc) with others im forgetting. once you know what your looking for, post it up and see who can help. im more than willing to help, just lmk. again, sorry to hear about your loss. best of luck getting in tip-top shape. Just make sure you follow your insurers instructions to you have nothing to worry about on the legal side of things. let me know if i can help. take care
Old Mar 28, 2010, 07:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn, thats sucks man.. Sorry for your loss. Thieves think they are funny. Post a WTB thread of everything you need. I have a few OEM evo parts laying around here if you need any of it.
Old Mar 28, 2010, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by shuttlegoose
Chester county? I feel your pain. I feel bad every time I drive past that place on i95. I can already make a guess on who took jacked your stuff. Anyways goodluck on getting your parts back. I'm very close to your area so let me know if you need any help, I have a few stock parts laying around and a hood that would work for you so let me know if you need help!

Carson
You're thinking of the city of Chester, which is an absolute ****hole. Chester county area is like West Chester, Downingtown, Kennett Square. I live out towards the middle of nowhere though. To the point where I see amish people just about every day. If I lived in the CITY of chester I wouldnt even bother owning an Evo, because I would just be asking for trouble.

I'll definitely take you up on your offer for help, i'm completely useless when it comes to mechanics so i'll take all the help I can get. I really appreciate the offer.

-Chris
Old Mar 28, 2010, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by boostedtres
much like carson said, sorry to hear about this. these types of people make me sick. it is best to use a body shop you know personally so there is some flexibility on what parts you can get. either go completely stock or upgrade. the re-sale value is already in the tanker, so you might as well upgrade.

i too am in the chester/philly burbs area. i think i have some stock parts laying around (def RSB, springs, brakes etc) with others im forgetting. once you know what your looking for, post it up and see who can help. im more than willing to help, just lmk. again, sorry to hear about your loss. best of luck getting in tip-top shape. Just make sure you follow your insurers instructions to you have nothing to worry about on the legal side of things. let me know if i can help. take care
The resale value is definitely gone. I was never planning on selling my Evo though. I kept the miles low(17000) because I loved the car. I'm looking to make the interior/exterior as stock as possible, but I would definitely like to upgrade the engine as much as possible now that my warranty is most likely voided. Like i've said a few times I dont really know how to go about doing that so hopefully I can learn a lot from these forums and if possible someone can help me plan out a nasty engine/turbo setup. I want to do this right so i'm going to be patient with it...even though I cant stand the way my car looks right now. I know if I go rushing into anything i'll most likely end up regretting it.

Do you have a heads up on exactly what I should be careful for when it comes to insurance?
Old Mar 28, 2010, 05:52 PM

Wow man... that is nuts! They had to have been there a while to strip that much off the car!
Old Mar 29, 2010, 07:42 PM
Evolving Member

sorry to hear this happened. that message makes me sick as well.... i have a lot of left over parts from my totalled evo. a few of them are the ones you mentioned. let me know if you want some parts. good luck with it all.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 10:38 PM

just buy aftermarket used stuff. you cant beat the prices.. plus you can even get away with by some low key items if your wanting your car to look stock... and for the thief, yea.. he does owe you.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 10:44 PM

Damn man sorry to hear about this, good luck getting everything in order with it.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 07:18 AM

If anybody in the chester county area is willing to come and take a look at my car this weekend, maybe help me plan out a decent rebuild please let me know, i'm only going to be in the area for a few days and I could use all the help I can get.

Thanks,
-Chris

Quick Reply: Theft recovery EVO GG IX MR