Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Theft recovery EVO GG IX MR

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2010, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Theft recovery EVO GG IX MR

So I posted a few weeks ago about my EVO being stripped in my garage.

My insurance company totaled the car, they said it need 32k in parts?

I just bought it back from my insurance company and im looking to replace all my stolen parts. I'm not too car savvy at all so i'm getting all the outside help that I can get.

I'm in the chester county area, close to West Chester/Downingtown.

Anyway im going to be replacing the turbo, struts, trunk, hood, calipers, wheels, front seats, glove box, shifter knob, and i'm sure there will be a lot more done, since it has a salvage title(makes me so sick) and most likely not under warranty anymore, I'll probably try to upgrade it as much as possible.

I'm still out of the state for work so its going to take some time to get it back into good shape.

As far as the exterior goes i'm trying to get it back to stock as possible.

Heres a picture of the message the theif left on my window, he used the touch up paint inside my glove to right it as insult to injury...

This whole thing makes me sick, only had 17k on my MR, it was mint...anyway thanks in advance for any help.

My uncle sent me this picture from his iphone. Its the message the thieves wrote on my window with my touch up paint that was in the glove box.

It says: "I. O. U. A LOT THNX"

Last edited by hxc chris; Mar 26, 2010 at 02:35 PM. Reason: picture
Old Mar 26, 2010, 02:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
OEM parts are pricey. If you find parts in the forums here, it'll cut that cost significantly. If you are looking to make it stock-ish, that should not be too difficult as people shed parts as they upgrade. GL
Old Mar 26, 2010, 02:06 PM

Yeah I figured my best bet was to pick up as many stock parts as I can when people upgrade their cars. I think the interior is going to be the hardest. Thanks though!
Old Mar 26, 2010, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hxc chris
Yeah I figured my best bet was to pick up as many stock parts as I can when people upgrade their cars. I think the interior is going to be the hardest. Thanks though!
Wut do you need I might have a couple parts laying around that I would let go for cheap I'm in Jersey. My car is GG too.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Why even try to go back to stock? With a salvage title you will never get it back to the same resale value that it was. I say just look to the aftermarket for anything and everything you need, and turn it into a track beast.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 02:20 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nemsin
Why even try to go back to stock? With a salvage title you will never get it back to the same resale value that it was. I say just look to the aftermarket for anything and everything you need, and turn it into a track beast.
+1

Sorry to hear but now it's time to go all out aftermarket, turn the car into a nasty beast!
Old Mar 26, 2010, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by MMMR0820
Wut do you need I might have a couple parts laying around that I would let go for cheap I'm in Jersey. My car is GG too.

I dont know all the parts exactly because I havent been home to make a list, but what I was told I need right now are, front seats, brake calipers, shifter knob, glove box, trunk, hood, and ABS sensors. I'll get a more completed list when i'm able to look at it myself.

I dont know everything that is missing from the engine, but I was told for sure that the turbo is gone, and the right strut is damaged.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by nemsin

Believe me the thought has crossed my mind. I just wouldnt have any idea how to go about doing that. and I was never planning on selling the car anyway, I loved my car...it hurts seeing it all torn apart...just was hoping to get it back to what it used to be >=\
Old Mar 26, 2010, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

This makes me sick too i could only imagine how it feels. Good luck with everything can't wait to see a sick build out of this =]
Old Mar 26, 2010, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Believe me the thought has crossed my mind. I just wouldnt have any idea how to go about doing that. and I was never planning on selling the car anyway, I loved my car...it hurts seeing it all torn apart...just was hoping to get it back to what it used to be >=\
You dont have to settle for getting 'it back to what it used to be'.
YOU CAN MAKE IT BETTER.

Not sure where to start? Well these forums have all that info.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 03:08 PM

sorry to hear what happened.

if you go to the buschur site or ams site, they have "stages" that you can go by. i don't think you can go wrong by following their list. gl with your rebuild
Old Mar 26, 2010, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

I dont know all the parts exactly because I havent been home to make a list, but what I was told I need right now are, front seats, brake calipers, shifter knob, glove box, trunk, hood, and ABS sensors. I'll get a more completed list when i'm able to look at it myself.

I dont know everything that is missing from the engine, but I was told for sure that the turbo is gone, and the right strut is damaged.
I have the leather 6 speed shift knob (OEM) shoot me a pm.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 03:24 PM

that makes me sick too seeing that esp. w/ their note on your window....good luck w/ everything. do you happen know how they were able to steal it? did u have an alarm or anything? i'm currently looking into anti-theft solutions.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You've gotta go aftermarket, the reason it was "totaled" is the high cost of OEM parts. Go aftermarket wherever possible. The aftermarket is so vast for these cars, you can get just about everything. I'm sure there are exceptions, but stuff like seats, intercoolers, brakes/wheels. etc etc are crazy expensive new.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 03:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow man that sucks, some of the guys in the philly meet thread might be able to help you out with installing stuff.

Quick Reply: Theft recovery EVO GG IX MR