Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Buschur or Vishnu ??
Buschur
38.16%
Vishnu
28.95%
Other
0%
I think this is a pointless pissing contest
32.89%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

buschur vs vishnu // topic and poll merge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2003, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation bushur vs vishnu

Hmmm both seem to have great power and numbers down...

But heres the question....Which (opionwise) is better... Which company would you choose to put on your evo?

Does anyone know which seems like a better set up?

thankx
-b
Old Jul 21, 2003, 12:14 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

(Buschur)

EDIT: That wasn't an answer, it was a spelling correction. For those who remember my old sig it'd make more sense.

Last edited by HobieKopek; Jul 21, 2003 at 12:23 PM.
Old Jul 21, 2003, 12:25 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Are you talking about the exhausts or just a tuning route in general?

Mark
Old Jul 21, 2003, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

note: sorry about the miss spelling of buschur..

Well they both have "staged" kits.....

Both clame to put down great numbers... .Im wondering if ther worth the investments or not...
Old Jul 21, 2003, 01:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
If you were to go with the Buschur, you'd have to live on the east coast where 93/94 gas is available. They both have good reputations, AFAIK.
Old Jul 21, 2003, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Vishnu is who I am going with.....no complaints excellent product quality knowledge and customer care...and Shiv always communicates on this board that to me is worth the slightly higher price of parts....my 0.02c
Old Jul 21, 2003, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

I've had many years experience in dealing with David Buschur in tuning the 4G63.. He is very honest and knowledgable.. Everything that he claims is 100% true and honest.. There are no hidden aspects in any products or projects that he sells.. If he says it'll do _____, then it will... I have never known Vishnu to deal with the 4G63 in the past but I know that he is also very knowledgable in tuning applications.. It all comes down to personal preference.. It's almost like saying, "Who's better? Greddy or HKS?" They could very well be much of the same..
Old Jul 21, 2003, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

well in retrospect, I didnt want to know which company is better, like I said they both have great numbers... I guess what I ment was as far as cu care and luck with products, which is better???

Is that makeing any sence?????

Not wanting battle of the two... But in the end Im stuck tring to decide which to put my evo threw.....

just wanting opions.
Old Jul 21, 2003, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

i took my car to buschur from louisiana.it was worth the trip dan and tim have a lot of knowledge one look to the parking lot will reasure you of that.my evo was strong.but its nite and day now. i went with everithing they have and its awesome.
Old Jul 21, 2003, 04:16 PM
jfh
Evolved Member

I do not think that you will find the answer you are after here. There are satisfied customers on this site using both Buschur and Vishnu. Both companies appear to deliver what they advertise and I am not aware of any major complaints from either tuner. It's one of those decisions that you just have to go for and then not look back.

IMHO the original Buschur 3" exhaust (with the bullet cannister) that I have heard in person was way loud for a daily driver. Vishnu's system uses a Magnacore oval can that is less intrusive to my ears. Don't know if Buschur offers an optional can now or not.
Old Jul 21, 2003, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by EidolaDream
well in retrospect, I didnt want to know which company is better, like I said they both have great numbers... I guess what I ment was as far as cu care and luck with products, which is better???

From what ive learned, its good to know what kind of people and company that you are dealing with when letting them work on your $30,000+ ride
Old Jul 21, 2003, 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

I bought all the mods in my signature from Buschur, and I'm glad I did. I had no prior experience with him, but my friend who's DSM is in the low 11's at 130mph had lots of good things to say about David and his products. He was right, I was treated very well and the product is great.

I even met David at the DSM shootout and saw him run his 9 second Conquest. He was one of the few booths that actually "talked" to me about their products and horsepower output instead of laying the sales pitch down.

You can't go wrong with Buschur.
Old Jul 22, 2003, 02:19 AM
Evolving Member

IMO, Vishnu is overpriced for the amount of power you get. He's gotta cover that outrageous bay area rental fee for his shop...
Old Jul 22, 2003, 03:15 AM
N/A
Evolving Member

I'd take Buschur over Vishnu. I've delt with both in the past however for different cars.
Old Jul 22, 2003, 04:32 AM

How about http://www.ultimate-racing.com/, they have some good prices with their exhast. I just have one problem with the shape of their can, its so round and looking at Vishnu it looks better. But I still will be considering the price also. Just want to get other people input on UR.

Quick Reply: buschur vs vishnu // topic and poll merge