Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Rear-Ended This Morning.. What a Day..

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2011, 06:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got rear ended by a woman doing her hair in an Audi Q7 last year. It was a blessing in disguise as my LR quarter developed the "Honda Rust Spot" just over the wheel well.

After battling Mitsu Corporate for months on taking care of the probem...this woman did it for me. Scored a RAlliart CF trunk out of the deal, new LR quarter panel, and a JDM bumper.

Only downside is if you ever planned on selling the car, you will be missing a few VIN tags for those who know what to look for. I never planned on selling my Evo so all is well.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 06:31 AM
Evolving Member

hopefully you'll get back your new jdm bumper, ppl are crazy nowadays. There so many stupid laws in california, I'm sure you like it better in florida.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by revvin9k
I got rear ended by a woman doing her hair in an Audi Q7 last year. It was a blessing in disguise as my LR quarter developed the "Honda Rust Spot" just over the wheel well.

After battling Mitsu Corporate for months on taking care of the probem...this woman did it for me. Scored a RAlliart CF trunk out of the deal, new LR quarter panel, and a JDM bumper.

Only downside is if you ever planned on selling the car, you will be missing a few VIN tags for those who know what to look for. I never planned on selling my Evo so all is well.
Just modding your car period you'll lose some of those tho. I said good bye to my hood a month ago
Old Feb 22, 2011, 06:43 AM

That sucks dude!!! I cant believe that ***** had the nerve to tell you that you were acting like a child.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow! that sucks man, but it was awesome to hear that you took all of those pictures and were able to stick it to the old bag. What a piece of trash trying to pass off false docs to the "kid". Like you said, providing false documentation of any kind to anyone is a crime. That cop should be fired for not doing his job...his job is to uphold the law and bring those who have evidence against them into the judicial system to be tried and punished for their crimes... I guess he must have been really busy doing something else like try to protect people from speeding on the highway.

brother.. Hope everything works out for you. I'm going to remember to take pictures from now on!
Old Feb 22, 2011, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The damage is right above the crashbeam.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 10:36 AM

!@&^%$@

I'm so pissed for you, bro!

Sorry to hear about it
Old Feb 22, 2011, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

im sorry about your car dude! hope all is well with no hidden damage!
Old Feb 22, 2011, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
as soon as she called you saying you were panicing and stuff, i would've told her "how bad your neck was now hurting" and contacted a lawyer and sued. trust me id have 3 evos by the time my lawyer was done

people dont care about stuff, when they are at fault. they wanna brush it off and act like your the bad person
Old Feb 22, 2011, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
as soon as she called you saying you were panicing and stuff, i would've told her "how bad your neck was now hurting" and contacted a lawyer and sued. trust me id have 3 evos by the time my lawyer was done

people dont care about stuff, when they are at fault. they wanna brush it off and act like your the bad person

A few years back - I got into an accident with the winter beater (someone hit me). Thankfully I wasnt hurt, and it was a beater car I could'nt give 2 s**s about, I quickly checked the rear view and saw a frightened teeny bopper (who probably just got their license and borrowed dad's car)

I simply coulnt help myself. I opened the car door, and just dropped on the ground. Mimicking a seizure / convulsions

This poor kid started bawling his eyes out - trying to get out of the car - but not taking off his seatbelt, almost dropped to the ground himself.

I couldnt belive my eyes - I started howling and laughing. I had to re-assure him over and over that I was just playin around, and that I wasnt hurt.

Anyways - his dad thanked me for scaring the daylights out of his son - hoping it teaches him a lesson. But also told me that if it was him (and not his son) I would've been pummelled senseless for making scaring him. I got $2000 cash for my troubles
Old Feb 22, 2011, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

Dude wtf. that sucks. I am glad you were smart and took a pic of her tags. Thats a good idea for all of us in case this happens.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was rear ended in stop and go traffic. The dude was texting on his cell phone and pretty much went into my car without trying to stop. Luckily I was about to go again so my foot was off the break so the hit wasn't too hard but it still mis aligned my trunk and it wouldn't open.

The shop I took it to was really laid back. The guy said he would paint and put on any bumper/trunk I gave him. Then I could just sell the stock ones he ordered. He said has to show the insurance company he ordered OEM parts. He even went as far as asking for more $ from the insurance to re-paint most of my car to blend it well. If he didn't ask, they would only give him enough $ to cover the damaged parts.

Maybe ask around to see if you could find a laid back shop.

Good luck!
Old Feb 22, 2011, 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Remixx02
So I gave her a tall glass of STFU.
LOL...glad it is not worse than what it looks. People these days and law the same goes for some law enforcement, its ridiculous.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Default_User
A few years back - I got into an accident with the winter beater (someone hit me). Thankfully I wasnt hurt, and it was a beater car I could'nt give 2 s**s about, I quickly checked the rear view and saw a frightened teeny bopper (who probably just got their license and borrowed dad's car)

I simply coulnt help myself. I opened the car door, and just dropped on the ground. Mimicking a seizure / convulsions

This poor kid started bawling his eyes out - trying to get out of the car - but not taking off his seatbelt, almost dropped to the ground himself.

I couldnt belive my eyes - I started howling and laughing. I had to re-assure him over and over that I was just playin around, and that I wasnt hurt.

Anyways - his dad thanked me for scaring the daylights out of his son - hoping it teaches him a lesson. But also told me that if it was him (and not his son) I would've been pummelled senseless for making scaring him. I got $2000 cash for my troubles
ROFLMFAO...I would do the same the dad said.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 01:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nooo not the jdm! :/ that sucks man it really does, I always worry about this happening to me.

Quick Reply: Rear-Ended This Morning.. What a Day..