Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Rear-Ended This Morning.. What a Day..

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2011, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Rear-Ended This Morning.. What a Day..

So there I was on my way to work at a stop light completely stopped (on a downhill) and BAM!! I got rear ended. I get out the car and was furious. After I calmed down a bit, I called the police and talked to them. Appearantly California does not do police reports on accidents where noone was hurt. So I get her info and take pictures of the cars as well as her plate and license.

It doesn't look like much but, my JDM bumper is ruined, there's rear panel damage and the trunk is stuck and damaged. She goes "I didn't realize my car was still moving". She was in a rush, suspiciously; So after we got each other's insurance info, we went our ways. A little later I contact the insuarance company she claimed she had and I saw her right down. They tell me they have no record of that person at all. So I call a few other companies hoping that it was a mistake and nothing. I called her and left a few messages and no response.

Well, I guess she didn't realize I took pics of everything including her license. So I went to the police and talked to them. They found her real number and contacted her. She then gave the cop her real insurance info and luckily she does have insurance with AAA. I called them and got a claim. She then calls me and has the nerve to ask me what my age is and says that I'm acting like a child panic'ing. So I gave her a tall glass of STFU.

I took it to a few shops and got quotes from $2600-$4200 depending on the hidden damage. I just hope I get another JDM bumper and not a stocker. Oh, and as far as the fake documentation she provided, the cops can't do anything about since they weren't there. Well, NO ****! That's the purpose of doing reports on all accidents... What a day! I feel like me and Ice Cube should make a movie together.. We can call it "Monday"..
Old Feb 21, 2011, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
holy wow ... that is one hell of a Monday story.

Sorry for the misfortune ... hope it works out and you get a JDM rear bumper again as well.

Glad your ok.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Wow! What a *****! She deserves some ***-whoopin for giving out false information and trying to get away.

Lets hope they fix all those damages and get you a new jdm rear!
Old Feb 21, 2011, 06:50 PM

What a story. Sorry about the car.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

It was actually a pretty hard hit for me being at a dead hault. The bodyshops all said she had to be doing about 20 MPH..

Luckily no one was hurt. Thanks for the recovery wishes to my baby.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident. The minute you mentioned that she gave you false info, I immediately thought she was an illegal.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
Sorry to hear about your accident. The minute you mentioned that she gave you false info, I immediately thought she was an illegal.
No she was actually a really polite lady probably around 50 years old. She was definetly American. Just goes to show you can't trust anyone..
Old Feb 21, 2011, 07:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
That really sucks. Good job on taking pics, what a b!tch for giving you false information. You should be able to get a JDM bumper. Let the shop working on your car know. Glad you're not hurt.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 07:09 PM
Evolving Member

wow, good luck with the car bro.. i would say.. good, now you can get a jdm rear.. but too late for that
Old Feb 21, 2011, 07:21 PM

What nerve people have giving fake documents. That bugs me. I had a lady do this to me 3 years ago. No insurance no dl stolen car. I had my baby girl in the car and when I went to take care of her the laddy drove off. I guess you just say some one is hurt and them they will come. I have learned from your story to call the insurance right then and there. Good luck I feel for you!!!
Old Feb 21, 2011, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Your lucky you took pics of her plates! Glad you were able to track her ***** *** down. I can't believe the cops don't go to accidents were there aren't injuries and they can't do anything about you getting false information. It would go a lot differently here in Utah. Even if is a tiny accident your supposed to call the cops no matter what.

Best of wishes to your baby.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 07:28 PM
Evolving Member

Man, I hope all works out for you, fake info....that is just disgusting.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Parts, I was getting ready to put on this weekend... Including a Voltex diffuser and chargespeed skirts.

I was really close to putting it on a few days ago. Thank god I didn't..
Old Feb 21, 2011, 07:37 PM

damn people got some NERVE, can't just pay for their mistakes like adults. what goes around comes around, maybe you may get something good outa this.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

Ya your lucky you waited putting on those goodies!

Quick Reply: Rear-Ended This Morning.. What a Day..