Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

E85 conversion questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2011, 11:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evoRS06
Just curious but is that the nisei full race intercooler? If so u are the only other street Evo I know of besides me that has one

And yeah you have a lot of room to make a good 30 more whp if u get some bigger injectors. I am still stock motor and head but with cams and 64mm fp red I am making a lot more power than before and I could make a little more with a second pump or bigger injector, but 1450's seem to be the sweet spot because a dual pump setup is needed when I decide to get a little crazier like some people.

To the OP I recommend looking into going SD, because it's not only easier to tune when you make mod changes but it's also a nice security for you to be able to drive home if u blow a ic pipe, not saying you will but I have done it on both maf and map, but on map I was able to at least drive, at the time, my Mitsubishi prius home like a normal car! Haha. Well that's how gutless it felt anyways.
When I lived in the Seattle area none of the evos up there I knew of had nisei parts. I move down to the bay area in California, their parts are everywhere. I know of a couple guys that have the nisei intercooler down here. Others have their ic piping, others have their small battery kit tray. I have their small battery kit tray lol.