Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Issues with keyless entry

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2011, 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Issues with keyless entry

Okay I have a keyless remote entry system that came with the. Im having issues that I never got a chance to get around to it till now. The remote keyless entry is not working at all. Can anyone help me I tried all the procedures with the pushing the hazard button a series of times along with the paperclip in the jumper wire on the obd2 accessport.

Now I tried it it worked or so I thought the car locked then unlocked itself and that was it. I tried locking it after I took the key from out of the ignition and nothing happened. I have a boost controller can it be that somehow it is messing with it. What should I look for really looking for some advice im too lazy to use my own damn keys. help
Old Jul 14, 2011, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Try swapping in a new battery into the remote.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mt057
Try swapping in a new battery into the remote.
Im sorry I forgot to note that there is a new battery in there I changed it out that same day I was performing the procedure. Because that what I thouht it was. Where should I check next?
Old Jul 15, 2011, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Make sure you have the same brand of battery. I know it sounds stupid, but some brands don't work. Try a Maxell.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 02:01 AM
Evolving Member

Could be a broken key sense switch. Its a little plastic piece that has a contact and bridges two connections. This was the problem for me and if you did any work on the steering column its probably your case too.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tfresh
Could be a broken key sense switch. Its a little plastic piece that has a contact and bridges two connections. This was the problem for me and if you did any work on the steering column its probably your case too.
can i get get a picture of what it looks like?
Old Jul 16, 2011, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Is this what it looks like what do I do with it?

Old Jul 16, 2011, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Yes btw the car chime is on when I open the door and the key is not in the ignition. I see a small crack in it I think it popped out when i was replacing the airbadg and I did remember the spring that was in the piece but I didnt know where it came from but ohwell no sense in crying about it. Now what do I do? already took care of it now my **** works thanks ahh keyless entry a lazy mans dream if only it was like this for some females. Just dont reply anything just point at her unlock the ***** and go.

Last edited by impact blue; Jul 17, 2011 at 10:31 AM.