Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Intercooler sprayer

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2011, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by awdordie
Im still wanting someone to simply strap their car down on the dyno and do a pull with it and without, and maybe test some combinations of water and methanol.

If I decide to run an ic nitrous sprayer I will definately dyno it with and without and post the results.
You would probably be wasting your time. I ran across a site a while back where they had completely figured out the programming for the sprayer. It is complicated. You'd have to be running the car hard in high heat soak to get the sprayer to operate. If anyone knows this site post it up, it is an eye opener.

The car mag writers, when the car came to America, ran the quarter, button on and off, and found no difference. Well, the sprayer never sprayed. Since then the consenses is it does nothing. Not so.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ancient topic, but I was searching for evidence of efficacy before pulling the sprayer assembly out in favor of a CAI. Still doesn't really appear to be much... At least hard evidence.

Here's the article about tuning the I/C spray parameters referenced in the above post:
http://www.mrtrally.com.au/performan...IX-ICSpray.pdf