Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Might be time to quiet my car down.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2011, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Might be time to quiet my car down.

Sorry for the intermittence between drive-by's but I just set the camera down on the ground and pressed the record button.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CklPm-U5qVM
Old Nov 28, 2011, 04:52 PM

Nice nice yea I would leave it man. EFF the Police! If you get pulled over for it being to loud tell them they gotta prove beyond a reasonable doubt that its to loud.. Therefore they need a decibel meter and if it exceeds the amount that you're state allows then I'd consider making it more quiet but until then EF THE POLICE! GOD I HATE COPS SO MUCH! LOL
Old Nov 28, 2011, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by sKeMoNe
Nice nice yea I would leave it man. EFF the Police! If you get pulled over for it being to loud tell them they gotta prove beyond a reasonable doubt that its to loud.. Therefore they need a decibel meter and if it exceeds the amount that you're state allows then I'd consider making it more quiet but until then EF THE POLICE! GOD I HATE COPS SO MUCH! LOL

Ever hear of officer discretion? The officer can decide for themselves if it is above tolerable levels. Sorry to hear you hate people like me.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What exhaust is that?
Old Nov 28, 2011, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Officers discretion does NOT override the laws on the books. I love going to trial with guys like you. The smile I have when your ticket is thrown out right in front of you.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Doesn't matter the car will be in California in less than a month. Having exhaust there = the death sentence.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

i call bull shyt leave it on f that
Old Nov 28, 2011, 06:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Boostfiend
Doesn't matter the car will be in California in less than a month. Having exhaust there = the death sentence.
Depends on where you live and how you drive.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Murf
Officers discretion does NOT override the laws on the books. I love going to trial with guys like you. The smile I have when your ticket is thrown out right in front of you.
Fist off you may not even be in the same state and yes it can be done due to db meters don't get used here. Second you don't even know me. I do my job like im supposed to and leave people alone unless they are doing something clearly wrong. People have a crap attitude towards police due to being caught most of the time. I'm usually always hated until someone else is done wrong and needs help. But, get your laughs fighting tickets and getting them thrown out cause it does not bother me one bit. I just don't care for the attitude when you have never met me.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boostfiend
Not necessarily. I've been here for 1.5 years with a Greddy full TBE and haven't had any issues (knock on wood). And I know plenty of locals with Buschur bullet TBE's which are equally loud, if not louder..
Old Nov 28, 2011, 06:31 PM

Btw that car is not loud enough to justify a ticket. I like it myself. Mine isn't quite that loud but will be when the cat is gone.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 06:39 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 06EvoJoe
But, get your laughs fighting tickets and getting them thrown out cause it does not bother me one bit.
It sure bothered the cop who was reprimanded by the judge in one of my court appearances, and he must have heard something about it after his commanding officer called me to discuss the issue. This being said, I understand that not all cops are jerks. It's just that you're putting yourself in a lose-lose position advocating your trade on a car forum. Ditch this thread while you can.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

To OP: car sounds great. Watch your butt in CA with that exh. If / When you do get pulled over expect to hear " pop your hood".
Old Nov 28, 2011, 08:33 PM

i got a ticket with a much quieter exhaust. i think anything with a "fart can"/"grapefruit shooter"/canister muffler is just screaming for too much attention. I have since bought an Apexi Noir, much quieter and more discreet, but I'm still making a test pipe with a 5"x14" vibrant resonator when I get a chance. Getting the attention/pulled over while doing nothing illegal isn't worth it.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 08:58 PM

Man, The cop's In PA do not like us car guys. it's because a select few ricer's have to go ruin it for us and be idiots. Although I've had a bad attitude towards officer's in the past. 9 times out of 10 it really is your fault.

Quick Reply: Might be time to quiet my car down.