Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Buschur vs. Vishnu

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2004, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buschur vs. Vishnu

I recently purchased my little baby and was wondering what all you experts had to say about this. I am trying to decide if I should purchase the Vishnu Stage 2 or the Buschur Stage 2 set up. Both seem to be pretty expensive, so it comes down to ultimate performance. My goal is to get the most horsepower possible and shave seconds off at the track in the safest and most efficient way possible. Ive heard excellent things about both places, but I know one of them must be better than the other So which system do you think would help me out the most?
Old Jan 15, 2004, 09:51 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Gimme the can-opener.. There's some worms that need to be let out..

Do a search, best way to form your own opinion, their products have been discussed many times and both have their merits.. (I use buschur products, but Vishnu's stuff is also top rate)
Old Jan 15, 2004, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

the reason I posted was for YOUR opinions not mine, I know they're both the **** but I need some input, thank you
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like them all the same way I like blonde's, brunette's, and redheads. They're all good!
Evolved Member

buschur stage 2 and vishnu stage 2 are totally different things. the costs for each are totally different also. . Vishunu stage 2 upgrades the turbo while buschur stage 2 is a few bolt ons.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

I personally am running Buschur stage 4 and i love it.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 09:58 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

Originally posted by RenoEvo
the reason I posted was for YOUR opinions not mine, I know they're both the **** but I need some input, thank you
Here's my opinions: Buschur has been tuning DSMs, and the 4G63, for years. Vishnu hasn't. Some of Shiv's comments on here, and his actions in general, dictate that I will never buy a single thing from him. Not starting a flame war, just giving MY opinion.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Buschur ALLLLLLL the way...the only thing at the moment I would go for from Vishnu is the XEDE. I have an APEXi S-AFC II, it's cool and all....but I know it has it's limits. You could also consider the Dynoflash. Al is working with David for specific flashes for his systems.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 10:01 AM

Look at it this way, which tuner has the closest dealer near you that can offer you the best support. You can't go wrong with either since both have an excellent reputation, but if the need for support arises though, you should go with the one that you have the best access to. Personally I went with Vishnu since I am only about 40 mins away from their facility. I hope this helps!! good luck!!
Old Jan 15, 2004, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

I am also running Stage 4 sans the HKS 264 cams. Those wil be going in hopefully next week. I love this setup. No probs.

I trust Buschur considering they have been tuning this engine for many, many years now. Plus it helps that they are only 2 hours from my where live.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 10:04 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I gotta admit, I'm running Buschur through stage 4.. Will have Stage 5 in about a week (Stage 5 is just fuel upgrades and high-boost tuning for race gas at the moment)
Old Jan 15, 2004, 10:07 AM

Buschur Stage 5 (with Turbokit) = Vishnu Stage 2

(www.buschurracing.com- Call them up)

Other than that I'm going to stay out of this

With Buschur you will be able to get utilize the SAFC, ECU Reflash or AEM ECU (available in packages).

Their are also a variety of Turbo configurations for your power goals from Buschur. He will also have the strongest Block and best flowing head should you decide to upgrade that later. They also have a coil-on-plug ignition system.

You could probably get a Stage 5 kit with the AEM ECU for less than the cost of the Vishnu Stage 2.

If your in CA and want a turn-key package for abit more money. Maybe you should consider Vishnu.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 10:14 AM
MP5
In Timeout

Originally posted by metaphysical
Buschur Stage 5 (with Turbokit) = Vishnu Stage 2

(www.buschurracing.com- Call them up)

Other than that I'm going to stay out of this

With Buschur you will be able to get utilize the SAFC, ECU Reflash or AEM ECU (available in packages).

Their are also a variety of Turbo configurations for your power goals from Buschur. He will also have the strongest Block and best flowing head should you decide to upgrade that later. They also have a coil-on-plug ignition system.

You could probably get a Stage 5 kit with the AEM ECU for less than the cost of the Vishnu Stage 2.

If your in CA and want a turn-key package for abit more money. Maybe you should consider Vishnu.
Funny I have heard nothing about the pricing of the beta Vishnu stage 2. Were did you seem to find it?
Old Jan 15, 2004, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Re: Buschur vs. Vishnu

Originally posted by RenoEvo
I recently purchased my little baby and was wondering what all you experts had to say about this. I am trying to decide if I should purchase the Vishnu Stage 2 or the Buschur Stage 2 set up. Both seem to be pretty expensive, so it comes down to ultimate performance. My goal is to get the most horsepower possible and shave seconds off at the track in the safest and most efficient way possible. Ive heard excellent things about both places, but I know one of them must be better than the other So which system do you think would help me out the most?
Stage 2 isn't user-installable at this point. It's a turn-key solution for those who drive/ship their EVOs to us. It includes a new fuel system, new turbo manifold, new turbo, ECU reflash, XEDE programmable computer, in addition to the regular bolt-ons (intercooler, exhaust, camshafts, gears, etc,.) It's a fully tuned ~550-600hp package capable of running traps in the 125-127mph if geared appropriately.

Unless this is what you want, you might want to check out our website and look at our Stage Zero or Stage 1 kits

Cheers,
shiv
Old Jan 15, 2004, 12:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Well, I plan on running both. Buschur Exhaust and Vishnu computer. I'm sure that doesn't help...

Quick Reply: Buschur vs. Vishnu