Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Who is interested in swapping to the JDM/EUDM Electronic HVAC Controls?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2012, 08:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can buy that controller for about 30 USD.
http://page21.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/j151691416

http://page21.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/j165506705
Old Feb 2, 2012, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Clifton New Jersey Lived: Daytona Beach, Florida Lived: Port Orange, Florida
Originally Posted by Evoardo IX
No need to design/fabricate anything, just get the interior harness, blower/heater core and auto controls from an Evo with auto climate, swap everything and be done.
I also have folding mirrors, and I did not do any fabrication, just make sure to get the ETACS from an evo with folding mirrors, and a circuit diagram to install the cables to the correct pins, that's it.
As far as I know, the ETACS does not control the auto climate control, I could be wrong so don't quote me on that one.
Ed
PS: My car has the auto climate control
Yeah if u get all the parts it shouldn't be too rough todo, in my case I couldn't source the need parts cheap enough so I spent 20$ on the micro controller some time programming and a few relays later tada.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 08:31 AM

subscribed!! would like to see how to do this!!
Old Feb 2, 2012, 08:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If my HVAC system breaks for a third time I will just switch to electronic control as long as I can source the parts! Hahaha

I've already torn the dash/HVAC system down twice.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SaulHudson
I actually have a source for all of the parts except the heater assembly. That is going to be the hardest part because it must be from a LHD Evo with auto a/c. The blower motor looks to be interchangeable from manual to auto a/c. I'm currently trying to find an EU parts supplier, but its turning out to be extremely difficult.

There are tons of small components and sensors that will need to be purchased also, such as the cabin temp sensor, sunlight sensor, ambient air temp sensor, A/C ecu, etc.

-Acree
Old Feb 2, 2012, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evoardo IX
No need to design/fabricate anything, just get the interior harness, blower/heater core and auto controls from an Evo with auto climate, swap everything and be done.
I also have folding mirrors, and I did not do any fabrication, just make sure to get the ETACS from an evo with folding mirrors, and a circuit diagram to install the cables to the correct pins, that's it.
As far as I know, the ETACS does not control the auto climate control, I could be wrong so don't quote me on that one.
Ed
PS: My car has the auto climate control
That's exactly what I'm trying to do, but the problem comes down to the fact that I need a LHD donor car, or parts supplier, not RHD. That severely limits the possibilities. Plus the fact that everywhere else in the world where LHD Evo IXs exist don't speak english as the native language.

-Acree
Old Feb 2, 2012, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

I posted a thread about this five years ago. Interested for sure!
Old Feb 2, 2012, 11:15 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very interested here as well for a list of parts, total price, and installation instructions.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

Definatley interested!
Old Feb 2, 2012, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Acree
I actually have a source for all of the parts except the heater assembly. That is going to be the hardest part because it must be from a LHD Evo with auto a/c. The blower motor looks to be interchangeable from manual to auto a/c. I'm currently trying to find an EU parts supplier, but its turning out to be extremely difficult.

There are tons of small components and sensors that will need to be purchased also, such as the cabin temp sensor, sunlight sensor, ambient air temp sensor, A/C ecu, etc.

-Acree
Have you tried contacting some of the members here that are in europe? There are a few on here.

If some of you need these JDM parts, let me know, I don't mind sourcing them.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Ill subscribe.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

Obviously the interest is there, including myself. But $500 +/- without a fully detailed writeup or anyone completing this task causes skepticism. Your best bet for people to start throwing money is to complete either of the 2 tasks and I'm sure you will have a following. Good luck!
Old Feb 2, 2012, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

I'm definitely not offering a service or product so I don't understand what skepticism you're speaking. It's also a fact that LHD Evos come with auto a/c. The problem is none are in this market. That's where the difficulty comes in is sourcing the correct parts. The conversion is completely straight forward provided you have ALL of the correct parts. To save money, I will more than likely be modifying the existing wiring harness and creating a few of my own.

-Acree
Old Feb 2, 2012, 04:46 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Acree
I'm definitely not offering a service or product so I don't understand what skepticism you're speaking. It's also a fact that LHD Evos come with auto a/c. The problem is none are in this market. That's where the difficulty comes in is sourcing the correct parts. The conversion is completely straight forward provided you have ALL of the correct parts. To save money, I will more than likely be modifying the existing wiring harness and creating a few of my own.

-Acree
Well, it goes without saying, but keep us posted! It would be nice to know where these parts can be sourced from to assemble this conversion and make it work like factory!
Old Feb 2, 2012, 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

Props to you for doing something different. This would be pretty cool if you can get it all together.

Quick Reply: Who is interested in swapping to the JDM/EUDM Electronic HVAC Controls?