Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO IX Lubricants in Europe.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2012, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO IX Lubricants in Europe.

Hi folks

Have searched high and low, but DiaQueen products are not available here in Northern Europe. Valvoline and Castrol have lists of replacement,, but it is not easy to figure out if they know what they claim. Valvoline suggests both the HP-5 GL 80W-90 and HP-GL 5 LS 80W90, of which only the latter is suitable LSD.

Castrol would like to offer AXEL Z Limit slip 90W or Syntrax Limit slip 75W-140.

Which oil using other EVO owners to ACD and rear diff?

Do anyone know a DiaQueen dealer here i Europe? ( Lancershop do not ship oil international).

Mitsubishi dealers here in Denmark have no clue about what I am talking about they had never sold parts for EVO's

My EVO IX has 6speed transmission ACD and AYC.

/ GiGas

Last edited by GiGas; Mar 21, 2012 at 01:30 AM. Reason: minor translation error.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Gigas. Are there any RalliArt dealers in your area? Or perhaps you could phone one of the other European UK dealers, or try one of the UK Evo forums?

As for shipping overseas of fluids, not sure what to say. There are a myriad of other dealers state side, and maybe one of them will ship overseas.

My suggestion of course would be to get the mitsubishi part number from the fluids sticky at the top of the forum, and call your mitsubishi dealer and ask them for that part number.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by ProPilot04
Gigas. Are there any RalliArt dealers in your area? Or perhaps you could phone one of the other European UK dealers, or try one of the UK Evo forums?

As for shipping overseas of fluids, not sure what to say. There are a myriad of other dealers state side, and maybe one of them will ship overseas.

My suggestion of course would be to get the mitsubishi part number from the fluids sticky at the top of the forum, and call your mitsubishi dealer and ask them for that part number.
Thanks - I am reading on lancerregister.com at the moment and it seems like it should be possibel to order from UK.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Rog m8. Let us know if you can't get it sorted.

Kind of silly to think that an overseas Evo owner is having trouble getting parts. Hahaha.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Maperformance will ship to u. Opie oils is in the UK they can sort u out with motul options and equivalents. Maperformance will cost a premium, like 50 bucks US for shipping.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 04:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ProPilot04
Rog m8. Let us know if you can't get it sorted.

Kind of silly to think that an overseas Evo owner is having trouble getting parts. Hahaha.

Nope it's reality. I searched through Italy like crazy and couldn't even get suitable transmission fluid. The shop I had the car in couldn't either. They tried every dealership they could and nothing. They told me to order it myself. And this was on a Navy base. Now a buddy of mine got his clutch replaced in a EVOX and I'm guessing he got fluids but this was from off of the base and I'm thinking they just put stuff for trucks in his car. The only reason I got proper treatment for my car is because I just so happen to pull up to the shop when an ex-porsche technician was clocking in for a days work. He told all the other mechanics hands off. He wouldn't allow them to put sub-par stuff in the car!

I actually got into it with him about what is equivalent and not. I had to call up a dealership in DC and put him on the phone with him to get the okay for Amsoil.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:45 AM

for rear diff and transfer case, ask your local mitsu dealer directly for part number #3775610
It is 4L canister of genuine DiaQueen LSD GEAR Oil. I paid 45€ ex. VAT.
I had the same problem here in EU, when i said Diaqueen they had no clue also. Try it directly through part numbers.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I run Motul Competition ff 75W-140 in my transfercase and in the rear differential as well. Been running it for over 45,000 miles now with no problems whatsoever to report. Are Motul lubricants available to you? In my 5-spd. gearbox I use Motul Gear 300.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
been told by a friend that stm will ship fluids overseas, but that was to apo. its worth a try though
Old Mar 22, 2012, 02:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sparky
I run Motul Competition ff 75W-140 in my transfercase and in the rear differential as well. Been running it for over 45,000 miles now with no problems whatsoever to report. Are Motul lubricants available to you? In my 5-spd. gearbox I use Motul Gear 300.
I'm switching to Motul soon. I found a local dealer here that supplies.

To the OP, you can take sparky's recommendations for Motul fluids and find a local dealer that has it. You should be able to find a Motul dealer near you on their website.

Or you could PM the Amsoil guy on here (apagan I think?) for his recommendations as to what fluids to use then try and find a local Amsoil dealer.

Or find a trusted performance shop and email them, they'll be able to give you recommendations and should be able to supply you with some products.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

Just realized that you have AYC. I'm not sure if the same fluids can be used as they use in the mechanical diffs. You may have to do a bit of research.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 07:58 AM

@GiGas did you find DiaQueen in Europe? The Mitsubishi dealer here in Romania said that is what they put for EVO X engine* oil but they charge around 210$ for it
So I am looking for a DiaQueen source in Europe too.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by adrianTNT
@GiGas did you find DiaQueen in Europe? The Mitsubishi dealer here in Romania said that is what they put for EVO X engine* oil but they charge around 210$ for it
So I am looking for a DiaQueen source in Europe too.
Sorry for late reply, and mary Xmas to all of you

I found an alternative dealer that did write me a garenti on any issue's due to using there oil.

They did print me a list of oil to be used on Evo's and so fare I have no issue using there oil.

Valvoline have an tool here to find the oil they advice. http://www.valvolineeurope.com/engli...ricant_advisor
/GiGas

Last edited by GiGas; Dec 25, 2012 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Found list.