Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

spoolinup cop

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2014, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does it require a tune after installation?
Old Mar 14, 2014, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
My bro made 600 hp no problem but they didn't work well while trying to break boost at that power
Old Mar 14, 2014, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by grazzo77
I can appreciate all the great reviews but I want to hear more from the people that have had issues with them. I just installed them and have yet to test them. When I mentioned the upgrade to my tuner though they kinda cringed. I wonder what that's all about???

In my opinion your "tuner" isn't very well informed OR is just playing favorites. Individuals will always have their own opinion and many will look for the faults in something before they ever try to find the good.

I own a Non CDI COP from SpoolinUP and I LOVE the system. Installation is a no brainer even for the mechanically deficient. I immediately was an still am impressed by the quality of work put into this system. I personally was having problems at WOT and drew many conclusions as to what the problem was. After install, I did a few WOT pulls and the problem was solved.(Not saying that will work for everybody)

My OEM coils feel apart during removal and once I saw that I knew that possibly was the problem. 150xxx miles on those coils. After reading so much on here that the OEM coils can go up to xxx HP. I'm surely left to not believe everything I read.

In any case I've spoken with Matt at SpoolinUp and not only is he a standup guy, he makes a great product that is cheaper in only the monetary sense. "Best bang for your buck and beyond"
Old Mar 14, 2014, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, unless you cater to Evos, not many people have heard of spoolin up. So you get the weird looks.