Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

P2096 Post Catalyst Lean condition

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2013, 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
P2096 Post Catalyst Lean condition

Searched the forums and found some good information; however, it does not answer the reasoning for my CEL. I understand that its a post cat fuel trim (Lean) Bank 1 and the information points to the testpipe I have on the car. Its a 2011 GSR w/ Test Pipe, turbo inlet, cone filter and Agency Power CBE. I had the car re-tuned after the test pipe installation and extended the rear 02 with a J extension, and for insurance I disabled the rear 02 on the MAP. I had the re-tune in March and have driven the absolute **** out of her to check for any issues and she drives and runs like a champ. I was driving home today running through the gears like a grandpa, taking it easy when to my surprise the CEL pops up. I run to Advance to check the code and up pops P2096. I talked to the guy and he just so happened to have a Genesis handy. So I plugged her up to validate if in fact I have the issue, go figure its not a fluke.

I don't know what to do, its been 3 months without any issue. Why now?, something must have changed be it the induction or exhaust components. I've checked the couplers and inspected the MAF for damage and so far, nothing. Im going to check for any exhaust leaks and hopefully I'll find an answer. If there is anything you guys know of that might help please feel free, I just want to be sure that Im not running lean ( no AFR gauge at the moment ).

It doesn't take 3 months for the ECM to realize that there is no cat lol, what changed???
Old Jun 19, 2013, 06:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hopefully this will be moved, posted through my phone and apparently clicked the wrong link lol.