Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

MAP REV3 vs Curt brown intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2014, 12:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evo8426
Yeah I have not done my research in my 8 years of ownership. Maybe you should quit being like the masses and promoting shi. you don't have proof or evidence of being a true benefit to this car. Just yesterday you wanted the AMS manifold haha. Errr mah gerd if it is such a good part cause so and so said so. Enjoy!

Arguing with you is retarted. Just yesterday wanted the ams? I was looking for a vsr, not the f1i and after speaking with a person THAT ACTUALLY HAD FIGURES TO COMPARE and discussing things with Scott whom is a good buddy I decided to get the curt brown manifold. 8 years of ownership.... you sure act like a 16 year old. I've been around dsms and evos a long time. I'm not promoting **** like the masses .... i promote **** that works and has been proven to work time and time again. Gee I wonder what manifolds on your car? Don't be butthurt..... anyways let's get this back on topic.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
You are very butt hurt for some reason. I'm not going on any little rants like the little whiner as you are coming off as. I run a ported stock intake manifold and an FP exhaust manifold, so what's your point? I have experience with the CB ported stock manifolds both intake an exhaust, what about you? BTW, you are promoting parts that you personally have zero experience with.

Last edited by evo8426; Feb 18, 2014 at 01:06 PM.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 01:10 PM

You are very butt hurt for some reason. I'm not going on any little rants like the little whiner as you are coming off as. I run a ported stock intake manifold and an FP exhaust manifold, so what's your point? I have experience with the CB ported stock manifolds both intake an exhaust, what about you? BTW, you are promoting parts that you personally have zero experience with.
So what's your experience with the ported parts?
Old Feb 18, 2014, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Very little to no gain on stock motor. Turbos ranged from stock, green, and red.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
*grabs popcorn*
Old Feb 18, 2014, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm having my Map rev3 intake manifold sent to Curt brown to have a 70mm throttle body welded on and for him to "touch up" any of the porting from map. Pretty much anything he sees he can improve he will go ahead and get it done.

So best of both worlds
Old Feb 18, 2014, 03:57 PM
Evolving Member

Very little to no gain on stock motor. Turbos ranged from stock, green, and red.

Guess I'll have to post my results in the next few weeks. Stock motor unsorted head kelford 272
and I'll do a stock manifold and ported back to back and we shall see if there are gains at various boost levels. Then I'll have hands on experience for you.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Stock motor = non-built motor or completely stock, eg cams etc.?

I am familiar with some others having reported little or no gain on ported IM with regard to max hp. Does this include ported throttle body.

Curious if that holds true for area under the curve in your experience as well which is very much in contrast what MAP suggests for both their Rev2 and Rev3 IM's.

Buschur i believe reported something like 15hp max hp gain on stockish motor with ported TB and ported IM.

Old Feb 19, 2014, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 312 Likes on 246 Posts
Please find below my results with Curt Brown Parts:

First was swapping from (stock intake, stock head, stock cams) to (Skunk Intake, Curt Brown Ported Head, S2's) with all else remaining equal. There were no other changes to the setup other than what was listed above:

I later went from (Skunk Intake/stock TB) to (Curt Brown Ported intake, 70mm FB TB) with all else remaining equal.

From my experience the biggest bang for the buck would be Curt Brown ported intake w/ 70mm TB, ported head and S2's.
The following users liked this post:
hokiruu (Jan 19, 2020)
Old Feb 19, 2014, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by alleggerita
Stock motor = non-built motor or completely stock, eg cams etc.?
Factory rods and pistons.

All three setups were riding the typical 400wtq limit for a feeling of safety.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 04:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
my only concern with curt brown is that he doesnt cut open the plenum...is it not needed or can he get in enough without cutting it?
Old Feb 20, 2014, 07:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 240Z TwinTurbo
I later went from (Skunk Intake/stock TB) to (Curt Brown Ported intake, 70mm FB TB) with all else remaining equal.

From my experience the biggest bang for the buck would be Curt Brown ported intake w/ 70mm TB, ported head and S2's.
was that a ported Skunk intake (like they say to do for the best results with it) or non? If it was then I can stop debating in my head which is better lol
Old Feb 22, 2014, 03:49 AM
E7R
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by XSilverJ
was that a ported Skunk intake (like they say to do for the best results with it) or non? If it was then I can stop debating in my head which is better lol
Read THIS
Old Feb 22, 2014, 05:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by E7R
Read THIS
I have, and currently have a ported CB 70mm IM, nothing against Curt Brown at all but I'd just like to see if anybody else had similar results
Old Jan 4, 2015, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Anyone else have some new results? I'm swapping a revised Magnus street SMIM and Boomba TB to a CB 70mm ported IM and Full Blown TB I picked up for a nice deal. All this mid range torque gains is what sold it.

Quick Reply: MAP REV3 vs Curt brown intake manifold