Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO 8/9 in Canada

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2018, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by ptoytoy
I'm sorry to bring back an old thread. Have been reading in this forum for a long time. But just registered now to get this answer. Almost ready to pull the trigger on importing an evo to Canada. The only question and concern I have in this age 2018 is how tight is customs on both sides to importing a modified evolution? Also some crossings are more lenient then others? I"m at the toronto/niagara border crossing. It is pretty difficult to get a non molested stock evo. Why would I when I can get a modified one that has all the bugs worked out. Sorry again for bringing a dead thread alive again.
So what are you asking exactly? I'm not sure how T.O is with emission standards. I know in Manitoba I don't have an issue with that, however if you get an Evo without any emission stuff on it, this may cause you an issue there. I'm only guessing though as it might not be a problem at all. You could always bring it through another boarder crossing if it is. You'll need to get your paperwork done and emailed to the boarder 72 hours (I believe) before you cross. Bill of sale...etc. I can't remember everything since its literally been 10 years since I've done it. However, you can call the boarder directly and they'll answer whatever questions you have.

Be careful on buying a modified Evo. There are lots that are done will, but even more that are hacked together.

Good luck!
Old Sep 30, 2018, 06:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Importing an evo

Thank you Teal for the reply .What I was exactly asking is are the customs agents strict with visual? Like any mod like intake without dot number,air breather filter, a big manifold and turbo hanging off the engine, a louder then stock exhaust, anything that .doesn't look stock? I could be thinking too much but the last thing I want happening is paying 20 grand and I can't bring it over. Am I being too paranoid ?thanks for the help again
Old Sep 30, 2018, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by ptoytoy
Thank you Teal for the reply .What I was exactly asking is are the customs agents strict with visual? Like any mod like intake without dot number,air breather filter, a big manifold and turbo hanging off the engine, a louder then stock exhaust, anything that .doesn't look stock? I could be thinking too much but the last thing I want happening is paying 20 grand and I can't bring it over. Am I being too paranoid ?thanks for the help again
you'll be fine man. Mine came over with a 3" exhaust, no cat, ....etc. It was still stock ish at the time, but there was enough stuff on it that if it mattered, i would have known.

You'll be fine man. Just get something clean, its worth the extra cash.