Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

DVD Hack for the MMCS

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2008, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVD Hack for the MMCS

here is some nice info i came accross. Pls let me know if this works cause i am looking into purchaseing a MMCS to put into my evo x. Since here in Canada we don't get the option of getting one with the evo. Just interested if someone else got this to work.

http://www.mitsubishiforum.com/m_157244/tm.htm
Old Mar 31, 2008, 09:41 PM
Evolving Member

hmmm...who would try this first?
Old Apr 1, 2008, 01:12 AM

why do you need the dvd player to work while your driving?
Old Apr 1, 2008, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DC5->EVO
why do you need the dvd player to work while your driving?
Here we go again. There are some that are gonna claim it's dangerous because it's a distraction. I don't believe that! There are distractions EVERYWHERE! It's up to the driver to choose what he allows to distract him.

Example...for those claiming the DVD while driving option is driving, do you not look at a hot chick while driving? Sure you do...guess what it's a distraction!

I hate when manufacturers/governments take away our options "to make it safer" Thats BS.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tsitalon1
Here we go again. There are some that are gonna claim it's dangerous because it's a distraction. I don't believe that! There are distractions EVERYWHERE! It's up to the driver to choose what he allows to distract him.

Example...for those claiming the DVD while driving option is driving, do you not look at a hot chick while driving? Sure you do...guess what it's a distraction!

I hate when manufacturers/governments take away our options "to make it safer" Thats BS.
+1 If you're not smart enough to know that you can't watch a movie and drive at the same time you probably should be locked up under supervision at all times.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 08:44 AM
Evolving Member

some times when i drive my car i have my dvd player goin and guess what no accidents
Old Apr 1, 2008, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by typoist
here is some nice info i came accross. Pls let me know if this works cause i am looking into purchaseing a MMCS to put into my evo x. Since here in Canada we don't get the option of getting one with the evo. Just interested if someone else got this to work.

Just as a heads up, it looks like it didn't actually work. There may be an alternative solution, but it appears that when the signal is lost through the "flipping of a switch", it reverts to GPS sensing. I can't give an validity into the situation, just thought I would let everyone know the outcome of the thread.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 10:39 AM
Account Disabled

Screw all you people in here, I sleep when I drive and it hasn't failed me yet.

And I only sleep when I get tired of reading a good book, or doing my taxes.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excellent find.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 12:55 PM

i just thaught i would post this incase ppl were interested and didn't know, thats all.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 01:19 PM
Evolving Member

i just thaught i would post this incase ppl were interested and didn't know, thats all.
Ignore the hatrs. This is a great find. More will appreciate then not.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 01:35 AM

no one did answer my original question. why do you need a dvd playing while your driving?
Old Apr 2, 2008, 06:21 AM
Evolving Member

no one did answer my original question. why do you need a dvd playing while your driving?
because sometimes your phone runs out of battery or you run out of cigarettes, and everyone enjoys a movie after they are done eating
Old Apr 2, 2008, 07:04 AM
Evolving Member

maybe its more for the passengers on the long trips? for those who doesnt have a rear entertainment center...
Old Apr 2, 2008, 07:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CmakEVOX
maybe its more for the passengers on the long trips? for those who doesnt have a rear entertainment center...
Yea we have property 5 hours from houston and my wife and i like to put on a movie while we drive down there it helps pass the time. The trick is to watch a movie that you have seen before that way the driver can watch the road and listen to the movie rather than try to watch it so as not to miss anything. I would never watch a movie i had never seen while driving. Unless i really wanted to see it but then again a mother #$@@#@ broke into my car and stole my alpine dvd head unit so i won't watch anymore movies till i get my evo and do this
The following users liked this post:
Lightsaber (Jun 29, 2017)

Quick Reply: DVD Hack for the MMCS