Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

DVD Hack for the MMCS

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2008, 03:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CmakEVOX
seriously? i guess you gotto since u spent all that money on the system. each to their own they say. Id rather, get fastfood, get a dollar movie, and sit comfy in my living room watching the movie.
well i bought the stuff a while back, with money that was not really needed so it def has come in handy, i flip on the news on the mornin drive to hear what happend last night to hear weather, i put on maury, or price is right, and i have a good time when im on break at work. its has definitely come in handy. plus the fact that i havent moved out yet so im still not into chillin all night in my house.

btw my buddy's neighbors, have no cable so they sit in the car all night and watch tv. swear its the funniest thing in the world, u drive by every night n see it on and them in it lol
Old Apr 7, 2008, 01:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Picked up a switch and everything needed to do this but haven't had a chance yet. I will update the thread when I do.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 03:04 PM
Account Disabled

^Awesome. Thanks bud!
Old Apr 7, 2008, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by junction
Picked up a switch and everything needed to do this but haven't had a chance yet. I will update the thread when I do.
Why?

It doesn't actually work (from the sounds of reading that whole thread)...

I mean, the first post makes it sound easy, but what's the point if it doesn't work?
Old Apr 8, 2008, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xPRimNT
Why?

It doesn't actually work (from the sounds of reading that whole thread)...

I mean, the first post makes it sound easy, but what's the point if it doesn't work?
What I read is that that the green wire controls the DVD in motion and also the updating of the NAV. The switch would put the NAV back into synch when necessary.

THEN yeah if you follow along it had been confirmed not to work and that the MMCS figured out that the wire was disconnected and relied on the GPS to determine motion.

Ok

Thx and they say a software fix would be the answer.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 10:21 AM
Account Disabled

^Are you saying that your not going to try it anymore?
Old Apr 8, 2008, 10:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DirectorSe7en
^Are you saying that your not going to try it anymore?
According to a couple of sources on the original link posted, it does not work. So no point in trying.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by junction
According to a couple of sources on the original link posted, it does not work. So no point in trying.
Good. Sorry to rain on the parade, but I didn't want anyone hacking up their Nav if the end result doesn't work anyway.

They'll have something out soon, don't worry.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 01:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Lunchb0x
well i bought the stuff a while back, with money that was not really needed so it def has come in handy, i flip on the news on the mornin drive to hear what happend last night to hear weather, i put on maury, or price is right, and i have a good time when im on break at work. its has definitely come in handy. plus the fact that i havent moved out yet so im still not into chillin all night in my house.

btw my buddy's neighbors, have no cable so they sit in the car all night and watch tv. swear its the funniest thing in the world, u drive by every night n see it on and them in it lol
that is pretty funny.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 01:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xPRimNT
Good. Sorry to rain on the parade, but I didn't want anyone hacking up their Nav if the end result doesn't work anyway.

They'll have something out soon, don't worry.
Thx. I am really glad I did not go through the effort and cut wires where wires didn't need cuttin. I will be patient.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

how about good old fashioned conversation, it does wonders to relationships
Originally Posted by Ferraritech
Yea we have property 5 hours from houston and my wife and i like to put on a movie while we drive down there it helps pass the time. The trick is to watch a movie that you have seen before that way the driver can watch the road and listen to the movie rather than try to watch it so as not to miss anything. I would never watch a movie i had never seen while driving. Unless i really wanted to see it but then again a mother #$@@#@ broke into my car and stole my alpine dvd head unit so i won't watch anymore movies till i get my evo and do this
Old Apr 11, 2008, 07:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pltek
how about good old fashioned conversation, it does wonders to relationships
I didnt know dr. Phil was on EvoM
Old Apr 12, 2008, 04:13 AM

What's up guys?!?! I posted the same question about my GTS in the GTS forums. I have 2 nephews and I live pretty far away from them. I thought it would be great for them to watch a movie for the long hale. If anyone does find an easy solution by all means feel free to stop in and post it or I'll keep looking here. Thank You
Old Apr 13, 2008, 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo8rob
What's up guys?!?! I posted the same question about my GTS in the GTS forums. I have 2 nephews and I live pretty far away from them. I thought it would be great for them to watch a movie for the long hale. If anyone does find an easy solution by all means feel free to stop in and post it or I'll keep looking here. Thank You
I thought the GTS had this ability. I watched a Driving test with some guy. You also have a video input as well.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

So that everyone knows, it's VERY illegal to do this in most states. People getting caught doing this kinda crap are going to get a sweet ticket. They have it disabled for a reason. So hopefully most people will be smart enough not to do something so stupid.

Any certified mobile audio/video installer should be able to do this, but ethically won't.

Quick Reply: DVD Hack for the MMCS