Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

DVD Hack for the MMCS

Old Apr 2, 2008, 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ferraritech
Yea we have property 5 hours from houston and my wife and i like to put on a movie while we drive down there it helps pass the time. The trick is to watch a movie that you have seen before that way the driver can watch the road and listen to the movie rather than try to watch it so as not to miss anything. I would never watch a movie i had never seen while driving. Unless i really wanted to see it but then again a mother #$@@#@ broke into my car and stole my alpine dvd head unit so i won't watch anymore movies till i get my evo and do this
exactly! who sits in the parking lot for an hour anyways watching a movie? and if you are sitting in a parking lot watching a movie
Old Apr 2, 2008, 04:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice post
Old Apr 2, 2008, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by CmakEVOX
maybe its more for the passengers on the long trips? for those who doesnt have a rear entertainment center...
that is exactly why. I would like to use it for my kids. I do a 5 hour trip once every fiew months and its kinda nice for the kids in the back since i don't have anything to setup back there.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 06:57 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by DC5->EVO
no one did answer my original question. why do you need a dvd playing while your driving?

I'll use my favorite Jack Handy quote here: "Because you touch yourself at night".

Who the cares why they *want* (not "need") a DVD that plays while they're driving?

You don't NEED a boost controller, exhause, intake, larger turbo, etc., etc., either.

But to humor you:

-Long trips for the passengers
-Car events while you're waiting in your car
-Maybe he takes a lunch break at work and wants to unwind
-Maybe he's a car-show guy
-Maybe he just *WANTS* to be able to do it whether he uses it or not

Why do *YOU* need an Evo? Why isn't a Rabbit GTI just as good as it'll get you from point A to point B? How about a base-model Civic?

Sheesh.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 07:19 PM
Account Disabled

Exclamation

no one did answer my original question. why do you need a dvd playing while your driving?
Quit asking your rhetorical questions and go away.

You already know the answer, your just looking for an argument to start.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Man, I hope this works out. I really want to watch something when I am stuck in traffic.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 12:26 PM
Account Disabled

Screw that, I want something to watch while I change lanes.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DirectorSe7en
Screw that, I want something to watch while I change lanes.

I think the big draw for me would be the use of the AUX video input for systems like HKS CAMP while driving. Virtual gauges look pretty. I wouldn't be overly interested in how much I'm boosting at a stop light.

However, since I don't get the MMCS in the Canadian X, it doesn't really matter for me...
Old Apr 3, 2008, 02:18 PM
Account Disabled

^Is it possible to run something like that on the MMCS? Virtual gauges I mean...
Old Apr 3, 2008, 02:39 PM

why do you need the dvd player to work while your driving?
Sometimes driving gets boring, I like to play my X-Box while i'm driving and text messaging someone at the same time now thats a rush
Old Apr 3, 2008, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CmakEVOX
exactly! who sits in the parking lot for an hour anyways watching a movie? and if you are sitting in a parking lot watching a movie
i do...i'll get an eat in the car meal, such as a sub and fries, with my girlfriend grab a dollar movie or somethin at blockbuster and sit in the car. with the subwoofers, a good dinner, and a new flick, its pretty good. i also watch while driving, im not gunna sit here and argue over it but its not to hard to focus on driving and occasionally look over at the screen, especially on long drives, such as me in west palm drivin to orlando, i use the screen also for dvd music vidz, i got them playin on my head rest tv's and my in dash......
Old Apr 3, 2008, 04:49 PM
Account Disabled

Exclamation

Originally Posted by BaD2RaSS
Sometimes driving gets boring, I like to play my X-Box while i'm driving and text messaging someone at the same time now thats a rush
Pssh, dude that's nothing. Try doing all that while doing your taxes and making lasagna! WHAT A RUSH!!!!!
Old Apr 4, 2008, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DirectorSe7en
Quit asking your rhetorical questions and go away.

You already know the answer, your just looking for an argument to start.
Nice and OH so true
Old Apr 4, 2008, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Lunchb0x
i do...i'll get an eat in the car meal, such as a sub and fries, with my girlfriend grab a dollar movie or somethin at blockbuster and sit in the car. with the subwoofers, a good dinner, and a new flick, its pretty good. i also watch while driving, im not gunna sit here and argue over it but its not to hard to focus on driving and occasionally look over at the screen, especially on long drives, such as me in west palm drivin to orlando, i use the screen also for dvd music vidz, i got them playin on my head rest tv's and my in dash......
seriously? i guess you gotto since u spent all that money on the system. each to their own they say. Id rather, get fastfood, get a dollar movie, and sit comfy in my living room watching the movie.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 10:13 AM
Account Disabled

^+1

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DVD Hack for the MMCS